Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know what the red symbol under the LTE signal means?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
2018-07-15.jpg

I think you might be right about Pharmacy. I'll see if it shows up again next time I drive by CVS.

I love driving by all the people in line for gas at Costco. :D

You need to have a Tesla meetup there just to troll.

Seriously those people be crazy. I’ll pay 6 per gallon rather than gas at Costco.

Feels you can supercharge faster than get Costco gas.

Reactions: tracksyde
In the years BT (before Tesla), I would turn left at a certain South Bay intersection after work and wait in line for 20-25 minutes to get gas at a Costco along with a hundred other stupid people.

Now, I turn right at the same intersection, charge at an SC, and either have an excellent spinach salad at the host property or use their WiFi to return emails or make calls. A half hour later I’m charged and have less to do.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
50 cents saving per gallon on Costco premium I think is the average.

You would have to pump a lot of gas and then get your car down to E to gain $7-$12.

It would take project planning and banking on favorable conditions to make the endeavor worth it.

The only "coupon" worth it is if you could schedule a newborn to stand in line for the Build a Bear thingy.

1/3rd of 1 penny for the pay your age promotion!

Is costco gas that much cheaper?....or is it that people's time not worth the extra pennies to go elsewhere.

At $0.50/gallon saved per a post upthread, plus another 4% of the gross due to using the business Costco credit card...

40 gallons/week... average $3.50/gallon...

So yeah, Costco saved or earned $1280/yr, which cost 50 hours in line to achieve. That’s about $25/hour, isn’t it.

Hardly pennies, but people rarely think it through.

Now I spend zero hours in line and breathe zero fumes (other than the half pack a day resulting from living in LA County).

A friend whose vehicle also requires premium gas did better than the above numbers, given that his gas-guzzling SUV probably takes as much fuel per fill-up as I used all week back then (with an equally heinous commute at the time).

At $0.50/gallon saved per a post upthread, plus another 4% of the gross due to using the business Costco credit card...

So yeah, Costco saved or earned $1280/yr, which cost 50 hours in line to achieve. That’s about $25/hour, isn’t it.

Now I spend zero hours in line and breathe zero fumes (other than the half pack a day resulting from living in LA County).

A friend whose vehicle also requires premium gas did better than the above numbers, given that his gas-guzzling SUV probably takes as much fuel per fill-up as I used all week back then (with an equally heinous commute at the time).
No Costco's around hear...so I did not know...but yeah no need for gas is the best!

I would say you spend 0 time with an EV. Plugging and unplugging takes seconds off your life each time. Seconds!!!