Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know what a rear bumper cover for the Model S is worth ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My colleague drove into the arse end of the car in our parking lot. He's curious if he should claim it on insurance or cut me a cheque for the replacement.

He feels like an idiot; he left his car in drive and when he got out it rolled two lanes over and kaboom. He left a note and I called him back; his first words were "FFS; I had to hit THAT car .. .what is that thing worth ?? It looks brand new" He felt better when I told him it's over 3 years old ha ha.

What do you guys think ? I figure the bumper cover replacement is at least 2 grand ? Maybe I'm way off ?? upwards of 5 grand ?

Curious if anyone knows or has experience with.

Thanks !!
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1725.jpg

Had mine done at Excellence in Scarborough and it was just over $ 1000.00

Call them and ask the price and tell them the colour, They will paint in shop and have it ready to attach. Took 1 day in shop

Mine was black and did not have the parking sensors.

My colleague drove into the arse end of the car in our parking lot. He's curious if he should claim it on insurance or cut me a cheque for the replacement.

He feels like an idiot; he left his car in drive and when he got out it rolled two lanes over and kaboom. He left a note and I called him back; his first words were "FFS; I had to hit THAT car .. .what is that thing worth ?? It looks brand new" He felt better when I told him it's over 3 years old ha ha.

What do you guys think ? I figure the bumper cover replacement is at least 2 grand ? Maybe I'm way off ?? upwards of 5 grand ?

Curious if anyone knows or has experience with.

Thanks !!

The unfinished bumper cover itself is shown below in my estimate last summer. $410. Mine ended up being repaired instead of being replaced. Came out great. $1277 included removal, repair, refinish and the replacement of one sensor and mount. Estimate including a new bumper cap was just over $2000. Fair amount of work to prep a new unfinished bumper.

03A64A55-C852-4C7B-82AD-1E481FD7DE35.jpeg