Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in LA (SFV) with Midnight Silver (delivered)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ForeverFree

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
Have a Midnight Silver S85D. Looks good.

However, my wife’s new Multi-Coat Red looks spectacular.

I’m seriously thinking about going that route when my M3 configurator activates the AWD option.

Would first love to see Midnight Silver in the wild on a 3, though (especially as she’s leery of having two near-identical cars).

Anyone have one and care to meet up? (We’re in Sherman Oaks.)

Have a Midnight Silver S85D. Looks good.

However, my wife’s new Multi-Coat Red looks spectacular.

I’m seriously thinking about going that route when my M3 configurator activates the AWD option.

Would first love to see Midnight Silver in the wild on a 3, though (especially as she’s leery of having two near-identical cars).

Anyone have one and care to meet up? (We’re in Sherman Oaks.)

Most of the Model 3s in my area (SF bay area) that are on display in the Store are done in Midnight Silver (only exception so far has been Walnut Creek with the Red Multi Coat). Not sure about the LA Century City location (but worth a call)*.

In the meantime here's some nice photos from the NYC Store: Tesla Model 3 @ NYC with rant

*UPDATE: Found a CBS news report on the LA Century City location and it has the Midnight Silver: Model 3 Finally Arrives In Tesla’s Century City Showroom

Last edited:
Any other S + 3 owners with the same observation that Midnight Silver on the 3 is different?

Anyone with Midnight Silver in both, who can compare side-by-side?

I was just at the Century City store today to look at the M3. I thought the M3's midnight silver looks exactly the same as the midnight silver in the new MS. BTW, the MS next to M3 is multi-coat red and it looks really good too. I still think our deep blue MX color is the best LOL. Although I can't pick deep blue again... can't have 2 cars with the same color. So either go with white or midnight silver I think.

OP, Sherman Oaks is not that far from Century City mall! You should just drive there tomorrow and take a look yourself. The Tesla store is close to Bloomingdale on first floor. You just have to line up and get 2 to 3 min to seat in the car heh.

I was just at the Century City store today to look at the M3. I thought the M3's midnight silver looks exactly the same as the midnight silver in the new MS. BTW, the MS next to M3 is multi-coat red and it looks really good too. I still think our deep blue MX color is the best LOL. Although I can't pick deep blue again... can't have 2 cars with the same color. So either go with white or midnight silver I think.

OP, Sherman Oaks is not that far from Century City mall! You should just drive there tomorrow and take a look yourself. The Tesla store is close to Bloomingdale on first floor. You just have to line up and get 2 to 3 min to seat in the car heh.

Thanks; may do that!

Unfortunately, though, I'm developing a rapidly-worsening hand malady. I'm having more and more trouble prying my hands off the steering wheel of my wife's multi-coat red M3 ...

I think it is much lighter as well. I saw the 3 today and it looked a couple shades away from silver. Sure the lighting in the showroom is crazy bright versus normal day light but I think it looked much lighter imo. It can be deceiving me though. :)

No one here who's a creature of habit ... bought a Midnight Silver M3 to go with their Midnight Silver MS?

Our MS is Midnight Silver and just love the color. We did briefly discuss going for both cars in that color but think we've moved off of that. Right now it's a choice between the white or the multi-coat red. Both look great with our midnight silver. In fact my husbsnd sent me photos yesterday of him charging next to a red Model 3 at work, and then after charging and moving his car, found a white Model 3 to park next to for comparison photos. We frequently have both of our cars parked in the driveway at home so even obsessing about which color combo I like better in that setting. Hopefully I haven't put any ideas in anyone's head here. I really need to order something and be done vascilating.

So your MS is the current midnight silver - the one below is what my husband had hoped it looked like. Both are nice, he likes darker colors

download.jpeg