Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Canada receive the new 6.2 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be, yeah. Unfortunately I don't track my charge stops all that closely so I have to admit this is largely anecdotal, but even my spouse noticed the decrease in time and commented on it. Environmental conditions were largely the same so it wasn't a temperature/cooling difference, plus we drove the same trip home using the same SCs as we did on the way out so it wasn't a difference in charging output.
Oh that's too bad. I really hoped that you would say "and at 60% SOC we still got 70kW!" or something specific along those lines :-(
Thanks for the report, anyway!

Updated to 6.2 last night! TACC definitely feels smoother now. Looking forward to trying out the new trip planner / range predictions on the way to Ottawa this long weekend! I found that the old software consistently underestimated energy usage by about 5-10%.

Seems the updates are going to owners of newer cars and early adopters are being left out in the cold until the end.
Shouldn't early adopters be given priority since we are the ones who gambled on Tesla in the first place?
Aren't we the ones the reason Tesla is where it is today?
IMHO I don't think this is fair!

They have to do a different build for the older cars - we have different hardware. Not surprising they rolled out improvements to the adaptive cruise cars first.

Still... going on a road trip in two weeks and would really like to try out the trip planner. Will be going through multiple Superchargers.

Remember though, some of we "earlier adopters" also have newer cars...:wink:

Seems the updates are going to owners of newer cars and early adopters are being left out in the cold until the end.
Shouldn't early adopters be given priority since we are the ones who gambled on Tesla in the first place?
Aren't we the ones the reason Tesla is where it is today?
IMHO I don't think this is fair!

As mentioned last night, it was installed. I like the "Pin Drop" feature but deeply disappointed one cannot drop several pins to make it, essentially. Waypoints. Obviously they have the technology to do this and this is the key function in the NAV system that is sorely missed. Now that they've come this far with mapping, I'm hoping a quick secondary update will permit multiple pinning to get our needed waypoints. I believe this is absolutely critical.
I'm heading to Kanata today from Toronto and the NAV system has me charging at Lawrence and Kingston and then heading up the 416 then to Kanata. Not the way I wish to go.
I want to head north from Kingston on the 15, I believe it is, through Smith's Falls. Why does it put me on the longer 416? It's shorter going on the 15 through Smiths Falls! Plus its more scenic.

I know, I can put a pin in Smiths Falls and then once I get there, re program the NAV for Kanata but why should I have to do that? Besides, the trip planner will be all messed up because it will think I only want to go to Smiths Falls and it will, erroneously, tell me I only need so many minutes in Kingston to charge.
Obviously a huge oversight and omission on Tesla's part and this must be corrected ASAP.
I know, I know it's the greatest car in the world but a little more thought into features would make it the uniquely greatest car in the world!

As mentioned last night, it was installed. I like the "Pin Drop" feature but deeply disappointed one cannot drop several pins to make it, essentially. Waypoints. Obviously they have the technology to do this and this is the key function in the NAV system that is sorely missed. Now that they've come this far with mapping, I'm hoping a quick secondary update will permit multiple pinning to get our needed waypoints. I believe this is absolutely critical.
I'm heading to Kanata today from Toronto and the NAV system has me charging at Lawrence and Kingston and then heading up the 416 then to Kanata. Not the way I wish to go.
I want to head north from Kingston on the 15, I believe it is, through Smith's Falls. Why does it put me on the longer 416? It's shorter going on the 15 through Smiths Falls! Plus its more scenic.

I know, I can put a pin in Smiths Falls and then once I get there, re program the NAV for Kanata but why should I have to do that? Besides, the trip planner will be all messed up because it will think I only want to go to Smiths Falls and it will, erroneously, tell me I only need so many minutes in Kingston to charge.
Obviously a huge oversight and omission on Tesla's part and this must be corrected ASAP.
I know, I know it's the greatest car in the world but a little more thought into features would make it the uniquely greatest car in the world!

I posted a similar situation a few days ago. I like the additional features, but I agree waypoints are sorely needed. I hope tesla releases it soon.

Yes, waypoints would be huge. As it is the GPS is constantly "fighting" with me when I try to run my usual routes. There are several routes that are far more EV-friendly, in that they're shorter, slower speed limit, yet take about the same time as the less direct 400-series highways.

Yeah that's about the worst route possible for EV range, and it's really boring. Hwy 15 is far better. Country Road 10 (Perth Road) is even better because it's less traveled and much, much prettier.

And no... still no update. :frown: