Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MY for a week and still pretty new to this

I understand Tesla has this update of 2023.26 already available in the US, but no here in Canada yet? (Currently still on 2023.20)

Usually how long do Canada release new updates after the U.S?

I have the RWD MIC MY, so how does Tesla push these updates usually?
I’m sure there’s lots of discussion and answers about updates in general if you do some searching. I think it’s generally accepted that brand new cars don’t usually get any updates for a while after delivery, but that could have changed.

I wouldn’t sweat it. When updates happen, they happen. Nothing you can do to affect it aside from the basic settings in the car.

Under the Software menu you can select either Standard or Advanced updates. If you select Advanced you will typically receive the updates sooner. Some people select Standard even though the updates come later, so they get an update that has been field tested a bit more, rather than getting an update as soon as it is ready.

Reactions: KevinT3141
2023 Performance Y picked up in July still running 2023.20. Friends 2022 3 Performance received the update - is now on 2023.26.

I assume they release it in batches, maybe for server capacity or so if there's an issue not ALL cars are affected. Personally I'm okay receiving it a little later (even on Advanced update mode) as that could mean bugs are found and patched before being updated.

2023 Performance Y picked up in July still running 2023.20. Friends 2022 3 Performance received the update - is now on 2023.26.

I assume they release it in batches, maybe for server capacity or so if there's an issue not ALL cars are affected. Personally I'm okay receiving it a little later (even on Advanced update mode) as that could mean bugs are found and patched before being updated.
They definitely do in batches, but it's also common for newly delivered vehicles (I think yours counts) not to get updates for a while. Presumably to avoid new owners having to worry about it but who knows.

Reactions: NoShifts1Pedal