Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else really tempted to just go and sit in their car right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indoor A/C is great, but the problem arises that they end up struggling to push enough air around.

The A/C in the Tesla is so good I might just sit in there with my laptop for a few hours instead of slowly cooking indoors...

Anyone else?
Quite happy hanging around the chilled food section at Aldi, thanks.

(Free charging outside win:win).

Meant to ask.... how do i stop the ac coming on all the time ?

Sometimes i just need to pop into the car to grab something or unload the car for example....
I had this happening on the last update & solved it by switching to the climate settings I want as default, slightly moving my seat then saving my profile settings (& immediately afterward moving the seat back to where it was & saving again).

It shouldn't have needed a fix like this but it worked!

(my normal summer preference for default is auto off, a/c off, internal recirculation off, fan speed 4 & face/feet vents 'on')

Reactions: Jaydeeuk1
Admiring the roof sun shades and wondering if they make the slightest bit of difference….

16AF495F-93BE-40E0-A23B-DA3FE6B9989C.jpeg

Indoor A/C is great, but the problem arises that they end up struggling to push enough air around.

The A/C in the Tesla is so good I might just sit in there with my laptop for a few hours instead of slowly cooking indoors...

Anyone else?

Don't hate me... but we've installed a Toshiba Heat Pump (air to air), with Toshiba Haori wall units in bedrooms, office & living room.

It's really really nice throughout the house, especially at bedtime and during the night as they're ultra quiet.

Highly recommended...

There was a 22 degree difference between the Conservatory and Living room earlier today 😀

We DIY’d a split unit from B&Q in downstairs many years ago and it’s been a godsend for our south facing house. Has even come into its own in winter when the boiler was acting up, as it’s effectively just a heat pump so belts out heat just as well.

Reactions: PITA
That's not been my experience. Perhaps your units were too small. I get nagged by OH if I stick mine on full chat. I do hate those businesses that run the indoor a/c way cold compared to outside temps such that you walk in and immediately feel chilled rather than cooled.

Last edited:
Reactions: PITA
That's not been my experience. Perhaps your units were too small. I get nagged by OH if I stick mine on full chat. I do hate those businesses that run the indoor a/c way cold compared to outside temps such that you walk in and immediately feel chilled rather than cooled.
100% this.
If it’s 30° outside, it’s perfectly fine to be 22 or 24° inside. No need for 18°! It’s unpleasant and a waste of energy.
Rant over.

Reactions: Godsense and PITA
Apparently women prefer a 24C temp and men prefer 21C in office spaces. In our sun room yesterday I had the a/c set at 25C which was fine .. removed the humidity and circulated a breeze. The unit is supposed to be equivalent to a 6KW heater when reversed but because of efficiency and inverter tech the installation guy showed me the draw via clamp meter..was only around 3 amps I favour Daikin units - had them in properties for over 12years with no servicing and still working 100% when we sold and moved.

I've spent more than a dozen complete nights in my S. Not lately since I installed Powerwalls, but before - many times when the power went out. I couldn't power the house so I just took a pillow to the car. My area is prone to power outages for hours. With no power, even a ceiling fan won't spin. So, up and out to the car. Loved it. This was before Tesla Theater so there was only streaming music to lull me to beddy-bye. A blessing to have the car.