Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody gone Bay Area to Tahoe yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes the A/C use less power and tells the car to reduce max power earlier.
I run my 60 in range mode at all times.
Never felt anything was lacking

This. For Bay Area weather, even during ahem... the occasional "heat waves", Range Mode seems to modulate the AC just right. Before I chose to use that full time, the AC compressor used to make this awful and awkward sounding din when trying to cool a very hot car.

There's no difference in power delivery at all unless at a very low SoC as hans pointed out.

And, just got back from Squaw. Managed to do the entire return leg in 4 hours flat door-to-door with just a 20-minute splash and dash in Vacaville.

Passed one MC Red somewhere near Soda Springs and waved quickly. They seemed to be in no hurry or were not sure of their SoC to get to their destination (maybe Vaca).

Ski season is over but we made 13 trips up to Tahoe this year with various mileages starting an stopping points. even went home the Kirkwood way sometimes with no problems making back to San Ramon. For us the basic Principle was if we could by pass Vacaville and make it to Folsom we did. We would charge all the way to 170 miles and end up at the Marriott Grand Residence at South Shore and plug into the HPWC they have there. It is for Valet parking an guests who are staying there. If not staying there the Chargers at Harrah's and Harvey's are just a block away. Going home was never a problem after doing a range charge and was able to get home without charging. Only time I had to put chains on was this past week after going through Kirkwood. Road closed for two hours for Avalanche control an chains for about 30 miles from Kirkwood. Still had plenty left. Any questions you can PM me.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a Tesla charging station at the Marriott Grand Residence Club in South Lake Tahoe for use by their guests. A friend of mine frequently does the SF to Tahoe drive in his Model S. It is nice to have a charging station where you are staying. They tell me they are installing 4 more standard charging stations.

A Tesla Supercharger has been installed behind the Safeway in Truckee (corner of Hwy 89 and Donner Pass Road). It is undergoing testing this week and should be operational next week, in time for Labor Day hopefully.

Can we have it operational by Wednesday? Please? My Mom lives in Fallon, and Truckee would make it a round trip run.

Pretty please?

How can we find out? I guess when I go through, if it's done, I'll report. It's the almost the least I can do.