Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody carry a spare tire in the "Frunk"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in fear of the Frunk Dent every day. But Joe Torbati gave me a great tip: Take large microfibre cloth and lay that on the hood and then press gently to close it. Tends to minimize the pressure against the ridiculously thin AL hood. I will say that when they finally come out with a power lift, as they should have from the start, I will most likely pop for it. Without it, based on the flimsy design (which is inexcusable in my opinion), I'll probably go for it.

Otherwise, I ain't usin' the damn thing.

DO NOT press in the middle of the hood. The Service Manager showed me how to push on the outer corners with both palms at the same time when the car was delivered. He said that people pressing on the middle of the hood have (and will) cause dents.

DO NOT press in the middle of the hood. The Service Manager showed me how to push on the outer corners with both palms at the same time when the car was delivered. He said that people pressing on the middle of the hood have (and will) cause dents.

Over 1 1/2 years pressing the middle and no dent, crease or other indication of trouble with my frunk lid.

I am guessing with the alcove gone for the front motor, that a spare (compact or not) will not fit in the frunk on a "D" Model S.

Sadly, I suspect you are correct. The tire definitely intrudes into that area. I guess the question is whether there is any microwave gap at all, or whether it's just a flat panel across the back.

21e2935c3ab6002f3035547952a1577d.jpg