Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians with 5.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still 4.5 for me. In for service on Friday (if the loaner is available) so will see if I get upgraded then.

Would you cancel/re-schedule if the loaner was not available? I booked way in advance just to get the loaner (a P85+ at the time) and when I showed up, the loaner was unavailable and they put me in an Enterprise rental. I seriously paused and thought about re-scheduling, but I was already there...

Would you cancel/re-schedule if the loaner was not available? I booked way in advance just to get the loaner (a P85+ at the time) and when I showed up, the loaner was unavailable and they put me in an Enterprise rental. I seriously paused and thought about re-scheduling, but I was already there...

To make sure the loaner is available is why I am having them drop it off. I paid for the ranger service so might as well use it. Can't handle an ICE for a week if it takes that long. I will take the loaner back myself so I can test my car after it's serviced before I come home.

To make sure the loaner is available is why I am having them drop it off. I paid for the ranger service so might as well use it. Can't handle an ICE for a week if it takes that long. I will take the loaner back myself so I can test my car after it's serviced before I come home.

Not to thread hijack, but I've been waiting FOREVER for Montreal to get a P85+ loaner and everytime they do, it gets sold while it's on the delivery truck. Extremely frustrating. But now I need my winters put on, so I'm not sure what to do.

Maybe I'll request ranger service, have them do winters and when they have a loaner do all the other stuff...

Not to thread hijack, but I've been waiting FOREVER for Montreal to get a P85+ loaner and everytime they do, it gets sold while it's on the delivery truck. Extremely frustrating. But now I need my winters put on, so I'm not sure what to do.

Maybe I'll request ranger service, have them do winters and when they have a loaner do all the other stuff...

you might be waiting a while as I just went in today for a service appointment that I had booked aver 6 weeks ago and was given an Enterprise rental ... getting frustrating as this is the fourth time I have had to leave my car at the service center and either take a rental or use the metro to go to work ;~(

btw I have taken the public transit route twice to avoid having to drive a gasser but today it is too cold and it will take a few days before my work is done.

you might be waiting a while as I just went in today for a service appointment that I had booked aver 6 weeks ago and was given an Enterprise rental ... getting frustrating as this is the fourth time I have had to leave my car at the service center and either take a rental or use the metro to go to work ;~(

btw I have taken the public transit route twice to avoid having to drive a gasser but today it is too cold and it will take a few days before my work is done.

I hear you. It's very frustrating that they can't keep their loaner cars. I'm happy they're selling, but at once point, ship two instead of one if they sell all the time.

I cracked and asked them to come change wheels locally instead of me having to drive there... I'll leave my car for full service once they have a P85+ for me.

Perhaps an email to Jerome is warranted here? They promised to have P85(+) loaners, but that is yet to happen in Laval...

That makes sense. I think I spent as much on gasoline in three days with the loaner than I do on electricity in a month. So there's that, too.

Okay suckers, I just got v5.8 (1.49.22). Skipped right over 5.6.

In addition to what we know, it adds the ability to re-set the TMPS sensors and has a "Wiper Service Mode" which parks the wipers part way up the glass (very cool). Of course, it also has Tow Mode, WiFi, Screen Cleaning Mode, Display Energy Savings, Maps Upgrade, Built-in Owners Manual and a bunch of other little stuff.

IMG_1541.JPG

Last edited:
Okay suckers, I just got v5.8 (1.49.22). Skipped right over 5.6.

In addition to what we know, it adds the ability to re-set the TMPS sensors and has a "Wiper Service Mode" which parks the wipers part way up the glass (very cool). Of course, it also has Tow Mode, WiFi, Screen Cleaning Mode, Display Energy Savings, Maps Upgrade, Built-in Owners Manual and a bunch of other little stuff.

View attachment 35746

I got 5.8 this morning too. :)

I love how you scribbled out your VIN but left the only part we couldn't figure out by reading through the configuration of your car in your signature. :)