Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any baya area 'end of quarter' purchasers looking to insall a NEMA 14-50 outlet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arik, mentioned above by someone else, also installs 14-50 NEMA for ~$200-250 depending on your infrastructure in the Bay Area. He's primarily in the Tri-Valley area but I know he travels around. He's great and took him about a 1.5hrs from start to finish.

Mike Meyer's firm Sun Solar Electric is Tesla approved. He is out of San Rafael now and I know goes as far south as San Carlos. He installed the Super Charger system for our X.
It was not an easy install as we had some panel issues (I had been told previously so he confirmed) & underground lines. He made sure permits were taken care of & was here when the inspector came.

Its a pleasure to work with competence....pricing is in line with other lisenced & bonded companies.

I wish I had seen this back in March when I was shopping around for electricians. The Tesla recommended electricians all wanted to charge $1200-$1400 for 20 feet of cable from the sub-panel. ("wanted to" in that they all quoted those similar prices originally, then did an inspection, then gave me a detailed quote which basically invented wildly differing numbers for labor, materials, and permit costs to make sure the total came out to what they had estimated on the phone...)

I ended up getting a recommendation for Granite Electric in Pacifica who did the job for 1/3 of those quotes and responded within a couple of days. It took longer to bill me than to get the work done. They even did an in-wall install whereas everyone else was going to run conduit along the garage walls.

A week later I called them back to install my HPWC (with 14-50 range cord) and a couple of days later they did it in about an hour. In retrospect, I should have waited until my HPWC was in before I did the whole thing and would have saved myself about $50 for a second "first hour" surcharge.

Total cost on both was less than half the price for the 14-50 install from the other quotes.

I picked up my 75D at the factory yesterday, after taking a factory tour. What a great day!
I found a gentleman (an electrical engineer) that works nights managing a Data Center, and he does random electrical jobs during the day to make some extra $$. With all the crazy prices I've heard about getting a NEMA 14-50 installed in garages, I thought I'd share this with info any new Bay Area Tesla buyers. He came out on Wednesday to look and see what he needed, gave me a price of $200 for his labor, plus whatever the materials will cost him. He came back yesterday (Friday) to do the work, installed a new 50 amp breaker, along with 30 feet of #6 copper wire in conduit in my garage. He showed me his Home Deport receipt, which came to $135. Bottom line is, the whole job cost $335!! He is a licensed electrician, and he is very professional and conscientious of the work he does. I helped a bit pulling wires through the conduit towards the end of the job. The whole thing probably took around 2-3 hours. If anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a NEMA 14-50 installed in your garage for an incredible price, look no further. I told him i was so pleased with his work and professionalism that i would post this for him on the Tesla board to see if i could drum of some more work for him. PM me if you'd like his name and number. I live in the East Bay, and he travels around the bay area.
Please send his contact information.

I picked up my 75D at the factory yesterday, after taking a factory tour. What a great day!
I found a gentleman (an electrical engineer) that works nights managing a Data Center, and he does random electrical jobs during the day to make some extra $$. With all the crazy prices I've heard about getting a NEMA 14-50 installed in garages, I thought I'd share this with info any new Bay Area Tesla buyers. He came out on Wednesday to look and see what he needed, gave me a price of $200 for his labor, plus whatever the materials will cost him. He came back yesterday (Friday) to do the work, installed a new 50 amp breaker, along with 30 feet of #6 copper wire in conduit in my garage. He showed me his Home Deport receipt, which came to $135. Bottom line is, the whole job cost $335!! He is a licensed electrician, and he is very professional and conscientious of the work he does. I helped a bit pulling wires through the conduit towards the end of the job. The whole thing probably took around 2-3 hours. If anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a NEMA 14-50 installed in your garage for an incredible price, look no further. I told him i was so pleased with his work and professionalism that i would post this for him on the Tesla board to see if i could drum of some more work for him. PM me if you'd like his name and number. I live in the East Bay, and he travels around the bay area.

Please send me his contact info... Thanks a million!