Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any accessories that you find to be essential after using them for a while?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine anyone who buys a Tesla would not want Premium Connectivity.
I may not it the hansshow F68 delivers what it promises. I prefer Spotify car play bs teslas implementation. That’s what I use the most. $99 a year seems a bit much for the sentry mode stuff I may never use either. In the end I’ll probably subscribe to it at least the first year so I can see how much I’ll use the sentry mode. Most everything else I can use my phone’s data.

I have them for every piece of glass in the car (for camping) but the most important one is for the glass roof, followed by the one for the windshield. I live in the high desert at an altitude of about a mile. Since there is less atmosphere to block it, the sun is absolutely brutal here.

Do you keep these on all the time? I park in a garage so I’m not sure I’d need the roof screens.

One of the first things we noticed was a water bottle tips over on any turn so this seems like a good one.
We tried the rubber inserts and they kept sticking to our water bottles. This is the best I have found so far. After some time it developed a squeak from the inner spring. I sent Abstract Ocean a little video clip to which they responded "That sounds annoying AF!" LOL. They promptly sent me a new one. No squeak since then.

We tried the rubber inserts and they kept sticking to our water bottles. This is the best I have found so far. After some time it developed a squeak from the inner spring. I sent Abstract Ocean a little video clip to which they responded "That sounds annoying AF!" LOL. They promptly sent me a new one. No squeak since then.
No plastic bottle please
The Tesla Vessel fits snug and a good deal at $35
In the store at WF and ugly
1703388613744.png

This is rhe vessel, cheaper, amazing and looks good
We did matching husband black and wife white
1703388785912.png

I have them for every piece of glass in the car (for camping) but the most important one is for the glass roof, followed by the one for the windshield. I live in the high desert at an altitude of about a mile. Since there is less atmosphere to block it, the sun is absolutely brutal here.

That is a good price - I think I paid twice that a couple of years ago. The two-piece shade sinks in the middle less than the one piece. Though after putting it on and off a few times it wants to bend one way, so after a put a piece up if it sags down I have to flip it over. Once set up it works well. It's slightly annoying to install. As such, we are trying a ceramic tint on my wife's MYLR roof. She just got it this Fall, so we haven't had a chance to test it out in the Denver summer (also migh-high).

No plastic bottle please
The Tesla Vessel fits snug and a good deal at $35
In the store at WF and ugly
View attachment 1002612
This is rhe vessel, cheaper, amazing and looks good
We did matching husband black and wife white
View attachment 1002616
No plastic here. We like Klean Kanteens. If you don't get a color (stainless steel) you can run them through the dishwasher.

Do you keep these on all the time? I park in a garage so I’m not sure I’d need the roof screens.
I park outside but I don't think the shades have much of an effect on the final temperature reached in the cabin. But the roof and windshield shades help slow down the heating of the cabin, letting the A/C do less work when I'm out doing errands or keeping the cabin cool.

The roof shade really helps to make driving more comfortable. If you need it, you will know.

By coincidence I use the same windshield shade as Sara J (I got mine first):

We tried the rubber inserts and they kept sticking to our water bottles. This is the best I have found so far.
Same here. Many things don't even fit with the rubber inserts. Glad to hear you got great customer service from Abstract Ocean.

Reactions: Noflash
I got the sunglasses holder that sits up near the dome lights - from AO

I have to say it's pretty flimsy and it's also not cheap, but it does match the interior and fits well. I have reading glasses and driving glasses, so coralling them all was a problem that needed a fix

I park outside but I don't think the shades have much of an effect on the final temperature reached in the cabin. But the roof and windshield shades help slow down the heating of the cabin, letting the A/C do less work when I'm out doing errands or keeping the cabin cool.

The roof shade really helps to make driving more comfortable. If you need it, you will know.

By coincidence I use the same windshield shade as Sara J (I got mine first):

Same here. Many things don't even fit with the rubber inserts. Glad to hear you got great customer service from Abstract Ocean.
Sad to hear about the rubber insert. The abstract ocean site even mentions it shouldn’t stick to what you put into the cup holder. Was hoping to get something to minimize spill cleanup. But guess I’ll go for the divider they make instead.