Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti Tesla Guy on Twitter, Boycott Tesla Site, and the "Solyndramobile"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, that guy.

Leilani, you should know that the posting frequency on that Boycott Tesla site increased about 10,000x right after Tesla announced their first profitable quarter in April and continued to ramp up as Tesla's stock price tripled.

Whoever they are, they are short Tesla stock and desperately thrashing about, trying to destroy whatever they can to improve their financial position. So sad.

Last edited:
Guys, why are you taking this so seriously? The site is HILARIOUS! I check it as often as I remember to for the laughs. It's like the degenerate ramblings of a syphilis-stricken fascist whose decayed ideology is too broken to be offensive (and if you haven't seen that in person, you are missing OUT.)

Relax. Enjoy the crazy. Harvest his tears over the coming quarters and make a salt-water sundae. It'll be fun.

This guy has been arguing with me on and off on twitter about Tesla. I don't know how many times I can try to explain the benefits of electric cars, so if anyone wants to jump in, here he is:
Ton Aarts (ton_aarts) on Twitter

Hello Leinani,

Not proud of it, but Ton Aarts is a fellow Dutchman. I've tried reason, I've tried science and facts, but he doesn't care. He's very proud that is Audi tdi gets better than factory MPG and Tesla is trash and Musk is a fraud. I have the "advantage" that I can read his other tweets as well and he is just looking to pick a fight with everything outside his narrow mind. I've given up on argueing with him and instead directly inform people he engages with on Twitter.

I agree with Adm and geramu, I'm also Dutch and I know quite a few naysayers like that personally. Don't waste too much of your time on logical fallacists ;). Maybe you should save all his tweets and work and confront him later with a simple "Lol".

I used to agree with this. In fact, there is a quote from an Apollo astronaut Gene Cernan who said in regards to Moon Conspiracy theorists: "Truth needs no defense" and "Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me."

I thought that in the age of unlimited information, the truth would eventually sort itself out. But this is wrong. Misinformers, particularly climate change deniers, thrive when they publish misleading and/or deceptive information and no one debunks them and calls them out on it. They own the podium and have free reign over the people in the middle, who don't know better. Over the past ten years or so, somewhere between 40-60% of Americans thought that global warming wasn't real or wasn't caused by man. What does it matter, they aren't scientists and they don't know better? A legitimate argument. However this unbridled ignorance has a consequence. People do vote, and we have a Congress full of climate change deniers thanks to public ignorance. And what has that done? Delay action on getting off fossil fuels, and making climate change even more perilous.

Scientists have pretty much waken up to this fact, that is why you see scientists like James Hansen and Michael Mann being a lot more assertive than before. I feel like it's working and we're gaining more soldiers fighting on our side. The persistent contrarians, led and mislead by the Fossil Fuel industry, have now aimed their sights at newer, weaker target: EV's and renewable energy. The FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) articles and comments that plague the internet are not a coincidence. They are an organized disinformation campaign to keep America dependent on fossil fuels. I'd hate to see history repeat itself. I'd much rather go on the offensive instead of playing defense on all the time. Put the ball in their court. Make -them- defend their irrational and incorrect positions. Win people over who may be skeptical. Fight denial of climate change and respond to EV/renewable energy attacks.

I am honestly starting to feel like the winds are blowing in our direction. People have been fighting against the fossil fuel industry's dirty tricks for decades now. I really think we can conquer this beast. It's not going to be a swift blow of justice. It's going to be a thousand tiny spears at it's feet. Just my 2 cents. :)

I get what your saying, but sometimes the situation is a bit more complex. For example, here in NYC when Bloomberg was running against Thomson. Bloomberg decided to take the offensive. So he organized a giant negative campaign against Thomson. In reality, nobody knew who Thomson was or even cared. But Bloomberg's negative campaign backfired and ended up increasing Thomson's awareness. Bloomberg still won with 50.7% of the vote vs Thomson with 46% but in reality, this close call would have never happened if Bloomberg did not run that campaign against Thomson.

Same thing, the influence sphere of that site is none-existent. Doing a quick google I can see that the only places linking into that site are a few old article and some Slovakian message board. Effectively, it has virtually 0 presence on the internet. The beauty of the internet is unlike in real life you can pick and choose your battles and walk away any time.

I assure you that he received more traffic today then he did for the entire life of his site. Let his site die in the back corners of the internet. Keep in mind that most search engines base their results on which sites link to that site and the likes. The more we ignore him, the less significant he becomes. If it gets to the point where other people promote his site, then we can worry about it. At this point, the only person linking to his site is he himself and only in 1-2 places that gets completely ignored. (people don't like clicking on links in comments due to fear of viruses). The only time people click on links is if your having a discussion with that person. And this person is incapable of holding a real discussion.

In this case, ignore is the best option at this time.

Everybody hate gas price and ICE cost associated with that. If you want to argue with anyone have balance approach but sometime people has own agenda.

EV is future & looks promising (or something in the mix) but telling Tesla is ONLY option will be too soon (gen3 will change that argument)
I don't go to such sites because they are spread virus of all kind in mind or sometime in computer...:confused: