Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Sudden Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. Just because something has been "proven" to be the reason for a problem in the past, it doesn't mean every other instance is due to the same reason. This reminds me of the Toyota sudden accelerations in 2009. Everyone said operator error on the Toyota forums, only to find out a year later, it was a hidden Toyota problem for which they got sued and fined. So, I am never going to say the problem is user error just because a bunch of them happened in the past. There is always the chance that this time, the reason could be the car, however small the odds might be.

Only in this specific set of circumstances, the system has been explained in great detail by someone who doesn't work for Tesla and has no reason to falsify anything for anyone.

Jeff

Only in this specific set of circumstances, the system has been explained in great detail by someone who doesn't work for Tesla and has no reason to falsify anything for anyone.

Jeff

This subject is a lot more difficult than what one person could reasonably evaluate. Has to be an EMC / software / analog and digital design engineering expert with massive testing data.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Toyota was fined because it hid the fact that it thought the carpet and its pedal were the problems and it didn't tell investigators that it would make corrections on those 2 things.

However, NHTSA and NASA investigated and it's been pedal misapplications.

I don't see any of the documents there confirming it.

From NHTSA report:

"NHTSA doesn't have a reason to believe that pedal misapplication is a cause .. "

From NASA's report:

"Due to system complexity which will be described and the many possible electronic hardware and software systems interactions, it is not realistic to attempt to “prove” that the ETCS-i cannot cause UAs. Today’s vehicles are sufficiently complex that no reasonable amount of analysis or testing can prove electronics and software have no errors. Therefore, absence of proof that the ETCS-i has caused a UA does not vindicate the system."

Only it didn't happen to you, you pressed the wrong pedal. End. Of. Story.

This has been explained time and time and time and time and time again... @wk057 who knows this system inside and out has explained many times why this is simply not possible. Ever. I don't care if you're a Nasa scientist who walked on the moon, you pressed the wrong pedal. Tesla isn't obligated to give you the data so suggesting that they're refusal to do so means something nefarious is just ridiculous...

Jeff
Pretty sure of yourself. I hope you feel better. Must be amazing in your world to be able to 100% conclude things like that.

Pretty sure of yourself. I hope you feel better. Must be amazing in your world to be able to 100% conclude things like that.

In this case, without a doubt 100% sure you pressed the wrong pedal and either don't realize it or refuse to own it. I wouldn't say that if I wasn't familiar with the technical analysis as to why this is literally not possible. With Tesla's "sudden acceleration" sounds more like "my dog ate my homework"...

Jeff