Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another sighting - Dublin CA Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
I went to charge this morning and found a Cybertruck charging there. No one was with the truck so maybe they were over at the Donut Boys. We have seen them roaming around Pleasanton, CA quite often. It definitely attracts a crowd whereever it goes, which as one picture shows also means fingerprints on the skin.

BTW, notice the size of the wiper. That thing is huge!!! I wonder how long before Pep Boys stocks those.;)

Tesla_truck_1.jpeg

Tesla_truck_2.jpeg

Attachments

• Tesla_truck_3.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_3.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Tesla_truck_fingerprints.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_fingerprints.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Tesla_truck_wiper.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_wiper.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 57
  • CyberTruck_onlookers.jpeg
    CyberTruck_onlookers.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It may have been tested and it simply passed, that is some tough glass. Wish I could get it for my 3 and X, tired of replacing windshields

As to the wiper I am sure it’s a stock size, the carrier just holds two in series so it looks big
We don't know if Tesla is putting in "tough glass". Many "rumors" say they shifted to standard laminated glass due to cost to both Tesla and the customer for replacement. We know the glass has no BR rating at all...that's about all we know at this point.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Given they are allegedly trying to hit a mass-market price point, there's no way these things have any extra-fancy glass in them. Heck, they probably don't have rain sensors either!

Also, the front of that car looks like something a bunch of high-school kids built in their shop class with a plasma cutter, a sheet-metal bender, and a welder. It's horrible.

• Funny
Reactions: PCTAZRichard
Given they are allegedly trying to hit a mass-market price point, there's no way these things have any extra-fancy glass in them. Heck, they probably don't have rain sensors either!

Also, the front of that car looks like something a bunch of high-school kids built in their shop class with a plasma cutter, a sheet-metal bender, and a welder. It's horrible.
Tesla have removed rain sensor from any of their car for a long time. I’m fairly certain cybertruck won’t have it either. Even model X don’t have it

We don't know if Tesla is putting in "tough glass". Many "rumors" say they shifted to standard laminated glass due to cost to both Tesla and the customer for replacement. We know the glass has no BR rating at all...that's about all we know at this point.
But if you have tough glass (or at least whatever they promised for the Semi) you can drive into a nuclear blast and not have to replace your glass, why would there ever be a time when Tesla and the Customer are paying to replace it. Get the impression it’s one and done. Larger upfront cost but to own a car for years and never replace the windshield is a dream. Even if the car isn’t prone to replacing the glass due to chips and cracks the optical purity degrades over time and a 10 yo car driving into the sunset can be difficult to see out of due to the distortion.

But if you have tough glass (or at least whatever they promised for the Semi) you can drive into a nuclear blast and not have to replace your glass, why would there ever be a time when Tesla and the Customer are paying to replace it. Get the impression it’s one and done. Larger upfront cost but to own a car for years and never replace the windshield is a dream. Even if the car isn’t prone to replacing the glass due to chips and cracks the optical purity degrades over time and a 10 yo car driving into the sunset can be difficult to see out of due to the distortion.
I can't tell if you're joking with the nuclear blast comment, but we know the glass on the CT cracks and breaks as we've seen on the RC models.

Check out the original Semi/Roadster][ announcement and you’ll see the specification. They were also swinging a tow hitch on a chain at it without a scratch

1. Not a nuclear blast
2. We know the CT cracks as we've seen on 3 different RC trucks...to what point, we don't know, but Elon confirmed it's not bullet resistant.