Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their annual service done yet? I picked up my X in March but I already have 15K miles on it so I think it is technically due for service. I don't have any significant issues with the vehicle yet, so just wondering whether it makes sense to have the service done if they are going to just check the tires, replace wiper blades (hardly used here in socal), and replace air filter.

Has anyone had their annual service done yet? I picked up my X in March but I already have 15K miles on it so I think it is technically due for service. I don't have any significant issues with the vehicle yet, so just wondering whether it makes sense to have the service done if they are going to just check the tires, replace wiper blades (hardly used here in socal), and replace air filter.
Yes. Done Nov 2, 13K miles. Paid $500 for the new wiper blades.
They also did four wheel alignment, torqued bolts, topped of wiper fluid. Checked various logs and fluids; all good.
At the same service visit replaced failed right front fog light assembly.
I also had purchased a set of Winter tires that were installed.

Yes. Done Nov 2, 13K miles. Paid $500 for the new wiper blades.
They also did four wheel alignment, torqued bolts, topped of wiper fluid. Checked various logs and fluids; all good.
At the same service visit replaced failed right front fog light assembly.
I also had purchased a set of Winter tires that were installed.
Interesting. Did they actually do an alignment, or just check the alignment as stated on the website.

From the Tesla Invoice, Description of Work, says they Performed alignment. But at the same time I had new Winter tires installed. Alignment was done on Job Number 3, and the Winter tires installed on Job Number 11. So looks like they did alignment on the old wheels.

Had mine done last week (model S with 15,000). Similar to what Neverdone stated. They performed a wheel alignment, changed wiper blades, changed air filter, safety inspections, checked fluids, measured tire wear (but it does not state that they rotated them, perhaps not needed) and some other safety checks. I also pointed out 3 minor issues (distortion in one of the speakers, driver seat bolster rubbing/sqeaking on the center console, and misaligned dash) and to my surprise they treated them seriously and FIXED them. My car was in at 8 AM and out by 4. Got a nice P85+ loaner and had a nice drive in that!

I just put my new X in for some fit and finish issues I noticed after taking the car home. Unfortunately, our San Diego SC is super busy and it took me 7 weeks to get an appointment for the non essential repairs. Im hoping Id get much quicker response on a major issue. Anyway, the car has been in for a week now, and I got a free loaner which I appreciate, but because of the work load they gave me a rental car and I didnt get to experience driving an S. Im thinking on my next service visit, Ill specify that I want a Tesla loaner to get a taste of the sedan.

Speaking of service, I was a bit surprised that I dropped my car off with my list of things needing repair. The service tech took my keys and my car, but gave me no paperwork, telling me Id get an email. I initially took that to mean that I would not be charged anything since my requests related to a new delivery, but as I sit here thinking, does anyone get a quote or receipt or paperwork when dropping their cars off? Ive never experienced a transaction like this, and hope it turns out well......Id think they would want my signature on something authorizing work, but that didnt happen. It has definitely not been my typical California car repair experience.

Hi Everyone,

I have had only 2k and I needed to bring for some fit and finish, with rattle noise on passenger Door. Mine was a MX 60D. They gave me a P90D with Ludicrous for a loaner. For now, they can keep my 60D for as long as they needed!. I'm in no rush to get mine back!

So far I'm happy with the SC customer service side. The car how ever I think could used better quality control, before leaving the plant.

Hi Everyone,

I have had only 2k and I needed to bring for some fit and finish, with rattle noise on passenger Door. Mine was a MX 60D. They gave me a P90D with Ludicrous for a loaner. For now, they can keep my 60D for as long as they needed!. I'm in no rush to get mine back!

So far I'm happy with the SC customer service side. The car how ever I think could used better quality control, before leaving the plant.

I agree with everything said here, mine has not had to go to the SC yet.. 6.5k miles , but if it did and they give me ludicrous they can keep it as long as they want :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

Please report back the cause of passenger side rattle if you get a chance. My X60D also had a rattling noise there apparent on first 10min of the drive, but I think I got rid of it after spraying WD40 around the trim/door hinge/fender. Thanks.

I'm taking Nighthawk in to service on Monday with just under 12,500 miles in just over 6 months. Don't expect they will do much other than take my money! I asked about that promised annual service agreement discount package and I didn't get a straight answer...
Im still wondering about the delay in offering both the Service contract and the extended warranty. I inquired when I dropped my car off and got the basic "Nope, dont have that offered yet". I know I may be a bit picky, but the service and warranty plans played into my decision to buy, so Im a little tweeked that they still dont have anything on the books. MX has been out over a year now if Im not mistaken.....How long does it take to put this together??

Im still wondering about the delay in offering both the Service contract and the extended warranty. I inquired when I dropped my car off and got the basic "Nope, dont have that offered yet". I know I may be a bit picky, but the service and warranty plans played into my decision to buy, so Im a little tweeked that they still dont have anything on the books. MX has been out over a year now if Im not mistaken.....How long does it take to put this together??
Maybe Tesla will include the annual service for free? Check under the seat: you get an annual service, and you get an annual service and you...

Just in about 2 weeks ago around 13,500 miles first annual. No issues found but backlog slowed down getting the services and fixing or investigating problems I requested and to get a few new parts for a component of the steering wheel roller that broke. Otherwise it was free (I had purchased the 8 year plan service contract when I bought the car last year which included the price of the annual service appointments). They do seem to be working to improve their turn around times though not wanting to have many vehicles on the lot awaiting service, as I suspect that with the amount of factory growth expected in the next two years that they need all the space they can get.