Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well don't be scared, lending system based on credit score has its pro and cons but it is essentially flawed in many cases (such as mine) so it doesn't really tell what ones situation is (unless lots of bad credit and clearly very low scores).

That been said looking for backups to Alliant would be my advice moving forward (including for Tesla to look for more partners)...

Well don't be scared, lending system based on credit score has its pro and cons but it is essentially flawed in many cases (such as mine) so it doesn't really tell what ones situation is (unless lots of bad credit and clearly very low scores).

That been said looking for backups to Alliant would be my advice moving forward (including for Tesla to look for more partners)...

I'm in your camp. Literally only negative (not excellent) on my report is hard pulls.

I'm in real estate so it's hard to avoid.

Age of credit is good not excellent but I can't really help that... I've had credit cards since I was 16.

Those pulls. At least temporarily, hit my score a good bit. It's still good but hard to help something you can not avoid.

About to do my docusigns but noticed the Gap insurance is adding $399 to my total amount. Is this worth it or should I decline (if possible) and get it through my insurance company or something?

Yes it is possible to decline. But I would weigh the pros and cons. IMO, if you have a significant chunk down payment, then ALL GAP insurance is useless. Alliant has collision refund of $500 I hear so you can get more than your money back if you get into any accident during the period it is financed by Alliant. So if you have a long term then I can see were it might help if you get into any accident and help with your deductible if you have a high deductible. Otherwise, pass on it. I did.

About to do my docusigns but noticed the Gap insurance is adding $399 to my total amount. Is this worth it or should I decline (if possible) and get it through my insurance company or something?
You can certainly decline it. Did the LO go over GAP with you? My LO did a little review with me which includes asking if I know what GAP is and if I want it added. I declined it and she didn't push too much, just making sure I know what GAP is. I am not sure if they will still put it on the loan doc which I am supposed to receive later today.

If you were applying online Alliant vs emailing a LO would you click tesla financing in my tesla and apply there ?

Then a lo contacts you or just gives you a decision based on app?

When does hard pull happen on credit?

You can certainly decline it. Did the LO go over GAP with you? My LO did a little review with me which includes asking if I know what GAP is and if I want it added. I declined it and she didn't push too much, just making sure I know what GAP is. I am not sure if they will still put it on the loan doc which I am supposed to receive later today.

I'm familiar with GAP. initailly was going to not get it but the auto accident program of $500/incident deductible is beneficial. Up to 2 incidents per year for 3 years. So I would be ahead in terms of dollars if I used this once. Also doesn't have to be an incident on the X, applies to any vehicle.

I
If you were applying online Alliant vs emailing a LO would you click tesla financing in my tesla and apply there ?

Then a lo contacts you or just gives you a decision based on app?

When does hard pull happen on credit?

I clicked through tesla's site which takes you to Alliant to apply. I believe they pull credit which the 24hr of processing and assigning LO. I submitted my app after hours and had approval during business hours that following day (less than 12hrs)

I

I clicked through tesla's site which takes you to Alliant to apply. I believe they pull credit which the 24hr of processing and assigning LO. I submitted my app after hours and had approval during business hours that following day (less than 12hrs)
so you went through tesla or mytesla account? No survey or information entered on teslas site?

I'm familiar with GAP. initailly was going to not get it but the auto accident program of $500/incident deductible is beneficial. Up to 2 incidents per year for 3 years. So I would be ahead in terms of dollars if I used this once. Also doesn't have to be an incident on the X, applies to any vehicle.

You also get $1000 off your loan on your next Tesla after a total loss or if your Tesla is stolen. I was unfortunately in this circumstance and will be getting that $1000 off my next Model S.

GAP processing/payment is pretty swift, I had to go through that as well. Cannot say enough good things about Alliant. The 1.49% promotion ends at the end of this month I believe.

Applied on Sat night, got approved today. Easy process. Althought the new online application now is a Tesla form, vs a week or two ago (maybe longer), it was a ACU online application form. But approval is through ACU but from a Tesla finance email addy and template.
Quick question. Have anybody rolled their taxes and fees into the loan?

-ThinkMac-

Applied on Sat night, got approved today. Easy process. Althought the new online application now is a Tesla form, vs a week or two ago (maybe longer), it was a ACU online application form. But approval is through ACU but from a Tesla finance email addy and template.
Quick question. Have anybody rolled their taxes and fees into the loan?

-ThinkMac-
You should be able to (that's why they'll finance up to 115% of the value of the car). Unfortunately for me, Tesla can't sell direct in Utah, which means taxes and registration has to be a separate transaction, and Alliant wouldn't finance more than what was in the MVPA.

Reactions: atcshagz
You should be able to (that's why they'll finance up to 115% of the value of the car). Unfortunately for me, Tesla can't sell direct in Utah, which means taxes and registration has to be a separate transaction, and Alliant wouldn't finance more than what was in the MVPA.

Tesla doesn't sell direct in Texas either so you can't directly apply for a loan to include TTL. However, you should be able to request a loan amount before the MVPA, so you can effectively get more than the MVPA to cover some taxes. You'll just have a negative balance on your MVPA, which Tesla will refund. Hope that helps!

Tesla doesn't sell direct in Texas either so you can't directly apply for a loan to include TTL. However, you should be able to request a loan amount before the MVPA, so you can effectively get more than the MVPA to cover some taxes. You'll just have a negative balance on your MVPA, which Tesla will refund. Hope that helps!
Nope, Alliant wouldn't do it. They'll only do exactly what's on the MVPA, with no negative balance (we tried having Tesla separately refund me the $5000 reservation deposit, but Alliant wouldn't bite).