Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment is Perfect, STILL Pulling to the Left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can get a pretty good check by taking the wheel off and pushing on them with a crow bar to see if they move. Anything more than a couple millimeters of movement is probably a torn/worn bushing.

That said, I couldn't really tell how bad mine were until I took them off, so it's not a 100% tell.
Where is this bushing, exactly? Front or rear suspension? Top or bottom?

I ask as our '22 MS Plaid has become very peculiar of late, with a STRONG pull to the right on deceleration, and oddly, sometimes on acceleration. A quick visual inspection on a lift doesn't reveal much so I guess the wheels and underbody panels have to come off for a more in depth inspection . . . .

All this with a lousy 14k miles of wear. I don't think Tesla does much durability testing?

Keep in mind that I'm talking about a '16 S, which has different suspension components (but generally the same overal concept).

The torn bushing I found was the rear lower control arm, outer bushing (on the hub).
Thanks--I'll take a look on a lift with some bright light and poke around some more. At least I won't have to remove a bunch of underbody panels if it's a similar broken bushing!

Keep in mind that I'm talking about a '16 S, which has different suspension components (but generally the same overal concept).

The torn bushing I found was the rear lower control arm, outer bushing (on the hub).

just out of curiosity...didnt you notice any of the following symptoms prior to inspecting it manually?

• A feeling of pulling when braking or accelerating.
  • Uneven tire wear from left to right.
  • Tire wear patterns that show signs of camber wear.
  • A clunking noise during accelerating or braking.
  • A loose feeling in the steering when turning corners.