Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Air suspension needs service"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[...] He downloaded the logs remotely, and found that the air suspension had gotten stuck in "Extreme High". (He then said "I didn't know there was an extreme high.") He already had the problem description which I'd already given.

He had me test the suspension adjustments, which are currently working.

Then he ended up telling me that
(1) he was referring the problem to engineering;
(2) it was almost certainly a software problem, not a hardware problem
(3) the car was definitely safe to drive even if it happened again, and I wouldn't be doing any damage to the system
(4) to call if it happened again.
Any news in this issue? It hasn't happened again, and hasn't happened to anybody else?

In other words, except for this minor software hiccup, air suspension has been flawless for everybody and there have been no hardware issues reported at all?

With even the oldest vehicles being on the road for less than a year, that's no big surprise, but reassuring nonetheless.

Have had a similar issue now the 2nd time ... after getting into the car it indicate that the car need maintenance and to contact tesla ... and the suspension was at "very high" ... after driving for about 20 minutes it disappeared and the car went into normal mode. got quickly out of the car and back in ... and again. currently the car is parked and the suspension keeps high. I had the same thing about 1 month ago and since then nothing anymore until today ... left vm to tesla service and waiting for call back ... has anything been done with your suspension neroden?