Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air coming through window seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking the car to service 5x for faulty windows, now that the windows work, there is wind noise coming through the window seal at higher speeds. I narrowed it down to a specific spot in the attached picture and stuffing my sunglass cloth in there fixes the issue. Is there an easy fix for this? I’m afraid to take it in for service because they tend to break 2 things every time they fix one.

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 63
I had an issue with wind coming in through the driver door triangle.

Service centre said it was not a problem but it sounds like going through a wind tunnel.

I fixed it by putting duct tape in area.

Crappy solution to a crap design.

I have had wind noise from my ModX from the passenger and drivers window. I have had the primary seal, Secondary Seal, Window Membrane and the triangle all replaced under warranty and guess what still wind noise.

The conclusion is as the previous poster has said, Crap Design and will never be fixed, my previous car was an Audi RS7 frameless door and zero noise issues

Schedule a mobile service. This can be fixed by adjusting the window geometry. Might have to tip the person up front because it requires a lot of guessing and test drives.

I've had this problem a couple times and mobile service removed the door panel and used a piece of paper to estimate when the seals where tight enough. Being too tight can also cause noise. Night and day difference once the window is positioned correctly.