Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost to 3.7 for existing 2020 M3 LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't gotten any clarity on this. Bought a new M3 Lr and my app says it can upgrade to 3.7... But does this mean that I now have a 4.2 or am I at 4.4? Anyone heard anything?

From all report I have read nothing has really changed except it sounds like tesla is measuring with rollout where on that model they measured without rollout before. Said another way, the upgrade is the same, and you are either at 4.2 or 4.4 now depending on whether you measure with or without rollout.

@Knightshade has linked to a chart before that shows the speed of the various models, but the TL ; DR version is, nothing has changed with the upgrade, just how they measure it... at least that is what I remember. I have a Model 3P so dont follow that very closely but thats what I remember reading.

From all report I have read nothing has really changed except it sounds like tesla is measuring with rollout where on that model they measured without rollout before. Said another way, the upgrade is the same, and you are either at 4.2 or 4.4 now depending on whether you measure with or without rollout.

@Knightshade has linked to a chart before that shows the speed of the various models, but the TL ; DR version is, nothing has changed with the upgrade, just how they measure it... at least that is what I remember. I have a Model 3P so dont follow that very closely but thats what I remember reading.
I remember reading something like that but I pulled up my upgrades and it says 3.7 and had me confused. Fair enough I'm just trying to find out and it's a possibility not sure answer from the dealership.
Appreciate your help.

4.2 is without rollout, and 3.9 with 1ft rollout; With the boost, it's 3.7 without, and 3.5s with.

Tesla merely updated their published numbers on the site because, in the past they've listed with rollout figures AND without rollout for different trim levels to differentiate them. For example, they listed the non-P AWD 0-60 times as 4.4 WITHOUT rollout, but listed the P3 0-60 times WITH 1ft rollout as 3.2.