Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP wrong pricing for japan Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, can someone confirm the current supercharger kWh price in yen for me? Doesn’t really matter which charger - trying to get a price calculation bug in ABRP fixed and the dev wants to know rates.

We’re visiting Japan from Australia (driving an ICE so can’t check in vehicle) and the prices ABRP are showing look wrong by 100x. For example:
Gotemba, Japan (Tesla)
$228.09 AUD
6 mins charging / 6.1 kWh
37.33 A$/kwh

I think this should actually be a total price of $2.2809 AUD (ie yen to aud incorrectly calculated)

Appreciate your help.

The ABRP defect link is Wrong pricing in Japan - Report a Bug - A Better Routeplanner

Reactions: hiroshiy
Yeah, that seems to be too expensive!

You can check the individual supercharger cost here:
Filter the search by plugs.
1672210019960.png

Thanks - found the issue and reported back to ABRP. It’s just not doing any currency conversion, was just slapping AUD in front of what was actually the yen price

I’ll just divide it by 100 in my head for now, hope they can fix, super misleading!

Thanks - found the issue and reported back to ABRP. It’s just not doing any currency conversion, was just slapping AUD in front of what was actually the yen price

I’ll just divide it by 100 in my head for now, hope they can fix, super misleading!
I have a similar issue with the Tesla App on my Smartphone. The smartphone language is set to British English, so the Tesla app will only show £ and not ¥. So whenever I check my Charge Stats in the app, I have to remind myself that £ = ¥. 😅