Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to pull the trigger on a 2016 85D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I'm so excited, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2016 85D from Tesla in Canada.

April 10th
I started looking for a 2015 P85D last week. Drove a 2015 P90D and was hooked (at a local used car dealer), however even though the car has a clean CarFax, they will not provide any type of warranty and after reading some horror stories of after market warranties, decided to get a car from Tesla directly instead.

The selection of cars in Canada on the Tesla used inventory site is pathetic - only 12 cars to choose from and there are only two 85D's available now. One with the air suspension and the other one without air suspension (details) below that I'm more interested in. They have a 2014 P85D, however its another $10.2K more (USD $7.8K). I can't purchase any used Tesla from the US as Tesla does not provide any warranty in Canada for cars purchased in the US. Something about the firmware being very different blah, blah.

2016 Tesla Model S 85D
53K km - 33K miles
CAD$74.5K ~ USD$57K
Comes with the 4 year/80K km bumper to bumper new car warranty

All options except Smart Air suspension

Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
Tan Next Generation Seats
19" Wheels
Panoramic Roof
Carbon Fiber Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot with convenience features
Free Supercharging
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Keyless Entry
Power Liftgate
Homelink

April 15th
Talked to Sean Singh (he's based in California, but also takes care of Canadian customers) and have sent him the VIN #'s of two cars I'm trading in (don't have the time/energy to sell them privately)

I'll share some pictures tomorrow.