Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok thanks Curt...still strange that Tesla hasnt bothered to put anything on their website about it. I thought major company announcements have to be clearly documented and easily available for publicly traded companies. Hope they don't get into any hot water with SEC over this one...come on Tesla! Live stream it! At least let us know what time its going to be happening!
JGDixon...10pm pacific time? Seems awfully late!?

Since there would be no livestreaming, is any news agency doing a liveblog at least?

I'm speculating dual-motor drive proved so advantageous when testing Model X, that they have decided that all Tesla vehicles will sport "The D" from now on.

I highly doubt that it would be included. Even if it provides a lot of benefit, I don't see a reason not to charge a premium for it even if that premium is small.

No, there is no live streaming and the event starts at 7 pm PST.

Just posting it for the newest page, since no one wants to go back a page or two.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority here will be disappointed with the announcements due to all of the self-hype on these forums. A few more hours and we will know for sure!

I agree and go one further that it has been quietly included in cars rolling off the line for the last month or so.

and it slightly improves range but requires 6.x to enable the second motor.

I was just at the service center and they had a bunch of 55xxx vins there with the cameras in them. I should have looked under the front wheels to see if I could see an axle. Or pop the Frunk and see no microwave box.

For those coming to the event tonight exit freeway 105 at Crenshaw and then right after you pass 120th St turn right into the Hawthorne airport. Valet parking is provided. I just stopped by a few minutes ago. I'll try to post updates @teslaweekly on Twitter and Instagram.

Here is part of the official reply to my email inquiry:

"There was no separate confirmation message sent so you haven’t missed anything.

The address of the event is Hawthorne Airport, 12101 S Crenshaw Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250. Valet parking will be provided on site, just pull in to the airport site off Crenshaw and you will be directed from there. The event starts at 7pm, and all you need to do for entry is give your name at check in, you are on the list."

The address is for the Hawthorne airport. And that is the entrance as DaveT indicated.

No, there is no live streaming and the event starts at 7 pm PST.

Just posting it for the newest page, since no one wants to go back a page or two.

Sorry if I offended you somehow. I went back toward the beginning of the thread to where people with Model X reservations started saying they'd gotten invites, but couldn't find them anywhere. I also went back several pages from the most recent (at the time) and didn't see a time mentioned.

Anyway, thanks for posting it without the sarcasm, Curt.

Here is part of the official reply to my email inquiry:

"There was no separate confirmation message sent so you haven’t missed anything.

The address of the event is Hawthorne Airport, 12101 S Crenshaw Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250. Valet parking will be provided on site, just pull in to the airport site off Crenshaw and you will be directed from there. The event starts at 7pm, and all you need to do for entry is give your name at check in, you are on the list."

The event starts at 3 am in Italy. I am here tuned on TMC. :cool:

Sorry if I offended you somehow. I went back toward the beginning of the thread to where people with Model X reservations started saying they'd gotten invites, but couldn't find them anywhere. I also went back several pages from the most recent (at the time) and didn't see a time mentioned.

Anyway, thanks for posting it without the sarcasm, Curt.

I again recommend you set your settings to show more than 10 posts per page. I have mine set to 100 and it makes things so much better.

I was wondering if Elon would ever have any kind of crossover between SpaceX and Tesla Motors, or does he plan on always keeping the two companies separate. I could see a SpaceX rocket with a huge TESLA logo on the side. Maybe name the next Tesla performance model the "Dragon?"