Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ability to control of Regen...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's wrong. I stated differently above, I am not against giving more options to the driver, no way.

But I am seriously not understanding why your passengers feel sick in a car with regen, but not in a conventional car. May you explain?

(So far, I can only imagine this happens because you let go off the pedal completely. Which is indeed not the way the car is intended to use. If that's how you want to drive it, you'll have to look somewhere else. There are electric cars that work like that, but not at Tesla's, as of now. I don't want to be offensive, but you seem to take it personal. Oh, and my statement doesn't become wrong by hitting the minus-thumb-down icon ;) )

I think it's pretty simple. Yes you can modulate and let up the peddle gradually to avoid deceleration body movement, but it's harder to get it right every time with someone in the car who is sensitive to motion. My wife feels ill when I drive "normally" for me, and it's far simpler to put regen on low to avoid the issue altogether (and also avoid the sorry, sorry again). It's not just regen braking obviously, but also acceleration given the torque in these cars. Regen on low simply makes it easier to consistently drive in a manner that's more comfortable for sensitive people. More choices are better.

Reactions: 1windy