Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A90 Aberdeen to Dundee “navigate on autopilot”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who know the A90 there used to be one stretch of several miles where NoA was available - near Brechin if I recall correctly. I am just back from a run down to see my old dad in a care home in Fife and it’s the first time I’ve been on this road since lockdown (late March). I was very surprised to find that there are now at least 5 short stretches of the A90 between Stracathro and Dundee where NoA kicked in. No stretch seemed to be longer than a couple of miles at the most and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason why NoA has become available in these stretches. Anybody else notice this?

I've noticed the same thing - not sure on what causes it, I wonder if its based on sections where there is a central reservation and exit is only via slip road, vs. sections where you there are gaps in the central reservation that allow you to turn right across the opposite lane?

Yep noticed that as well. I've also found you need to watch out if you're in the outside lane on the A90 and there is a car sitting in the central reservation turning right. The braking can be quite severe as your car senses the car "in front of you" and the cars behind wonder what you are doing?

Yep noticed that as well. I've also found you need to watch out if you're in the outside lane on the A90 and there is a car sitting in the central reservation turning right. The braking can be quite severe as your car senses the car "in front of you" and the cars behind wonder what you are doing?

Learnt my lesson on that one, as well as cars crossing the dual carriageway miles ahead when the old vicious braking kicks in! In fact as soon as I see a car on a side road who may cross or a car turning right from the outside lane of the dual carriageway ahead of me I disable FSD and TACC. A bit of a pain but better than automatically braking hard with a car behind.