Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jaciee, rest assured that there are plenty of folks like you on the forum, and I am among them. I think you are right in assuming that your IT connections may temper your judgment, as you may better understand the risks and benefits, and the delays, involved in developing a new technology. I still come to the forum to share experience and learn. In particular, I've found a wonderful sharing community here of folks with technical interests who share instructions (and sometimes pull together parts kits) to make various improvements to my Model S, such as improved interior lighting, dashcams, a parcel shelf lift, a front-facing bumper cam for parking assistance, and (currently) ways of retrofitting new visors with illuminated mirrors into my 2017-vintage vehicle.

My time on the forum suggests that Tesla owners can be divided into roughly four groupings: people who are into luxury cars, people who are into performance cars, people who are into evolving technology, and people who are concerned with the environment and the growing global warming crisis. This is of course a simplification, and there is overlap between these groups. Another way of dividing members is on what I call the "S spectrum;" that is, the degree to which they are motivated to considerations of Status (the prestige associated with owning an expensive car), Servicability (having a vehicle that fulfills practical tasks), and Social Concern.

The luxury car folks are often complaining about the lack of overhead hand-holds for car entry/egress, the absence of coat hangers and (until recently) illuminated vanity mirrors, etc. There is also a contingent of folks who enjoy bloviating about Elon Musk's "promises," and perceived slights. As well, there are postings that troll on behalf of stock short-sellers.

I've only owned three vehicles in my life, the last one a 32-year-old Volvo station wagon I sold when I acquired my Model S, which will almost certainly be my last car. Acquiring my Tesla was a huge financial stretch for me, but I am very happy I did it. I'm grateful every time I get into the car. It's as practical as my station wagon was, is infinitely more fun to drive, and contributes toward ending our species insanely destructive petroleum addiction, though much remains to be done in transforming our transportation systems.

So please cheer up, Jaciee: continue to participate in the forum, and continue to enjoy your beautiful battery electric car. Ignore the negativity, look for the useful nuggets to be found here, and continue to make your own positive contributions. :)
Brilliant synopsis. I love your contributions here.

I don't think you are an outlier at all. I love my 3, love autopilot, love everything about Tesla. Best cars ever made in my experience. And Tesla is playing a huge role in enabling restraint of climate change. Arguably the most important company in the world, Tesla's role in the endeavor to prevent atmospheric destabilization and ocean acidification (due to excessive burning of sequestered fossil fuels) cannot be easily be overstated.
Mary ... I so wish this were true.
You write very well. Unusual to find on forums.
But, just as much as Jaciee is concerned about a negative balance, you seem to see the "Tesla world" with rose colored glasses.
Suggestions like "most important company in the world" are indeed ARGUABLE.
But the negativity is merely factual reporting; we all wish the best for Tesla but we also need to be realistic.
They have such an important (e)mission (sorry) yet they seem incapable of focusing on it. They will likely end up being the chief cheerleader and others will do the actual maintenance work ... as in communications and service.
I loved my car ... best car ever for years until it sadly became a liability.

I don't think you are an outlier at all. I love my 3, love autopilot, love everything about Tesla. Best cars ever made in my experience. And Tesla is playing a huge role in enabling restraint of climate change. Arguably the most important company in the world, Tesla's role in the endeavor to prevent atmospheric destabilization and ocean acidification (due to excessive burning of sequestered fossil fuels) cannot be easily be overstated.
Hi from the other AU . .First Model 3 's should arrive here in September.
@Jaciee great thread.. lots of positives on here for sure - stick around .
@MaryAnning3 it is about climate change.--- a lot -- and that part of Tesla, is an extremely positive contribution - and it is flowing the right energy to a lot of other companies.

Reactions: Jaciee
"Best company in the world..."
"... huge role in enabling restraint of climate change.."

(not picking on Bluebay or MaryAnn specifically)

These types of phrases are the jargon of cultism, and (you) would roundly dismiss anyone who thought their "cult" is or does any of these. In this case, the cult is Elon Musk. Steve Jobs used words like "magical" in front of fawning audiences. Is your phone or computer really "magical"? Do you project your own biases onto a car? You should see the rocket contrails Musk leaves as a footprint. My advice: please do not use Tesla's own marketing jargon as arguments for anything.

Yeah, I like my car, too.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I really enjoy the fact that I only have to go to the gas station for Gatorade. Weve been looking at getting a second tesla, that was until my wife saw the rivian suv and fell in love, but that's still a ways out so we may still end up with another model S or even a 3 until they release that SUV.

I don't know about anyone else but I really enjoy the fact that I only have to go to the gas station for Gatorade. Weve been looking at getting a second tesla, that was until my wife saw the rivian suv and fell in love, but that's still a ways out so we may still end up with another model S or even a 3 until they release that SUV.
I really like those Rivians. I really hope they make it all the way through production! Thanks for keeping this positive.

Many chargers in FL at at Wawa. Damn, those fake iced coffees out of the machine are good....

I received my Tesla MS90D new in Feb 2017. 37k miles.

Love it. Overall has been very good. Driving anything else STILL seems like taking steps backwards. (Including the ipace and etron.)

Sure, there may be some more issues vs other cars. But that’s like saying a flip phone is so much better than a smartphone because it’s likely to have as fewer issues. Yeah...well.... I’d still take the smartphone.

Reactions: SilverGS
Many chargers in FL at at Wawa. Damn, those fake iced coffees out of the machine are good....
Nice to see chargers at gas stations.

Wawa. Wawa Inc., with more than 700 locations in six states, has a few sites with Tesla Supercharger stations, including in Sarasota and Pinellas Park, Fla., and one in Burlington, N.J. More recently, Wawa has added Superchargers to its Lewes, Del., store, the Cape Gazette reported.

Nice to see chargers at gas stations.

Wawa. Wawa Inc., with more than 700 locations in six states, has a few sites with Tesla Supercharger stations, including in Sarasota and Pinellas Park, Fla., and one in Burlington, N.J. More recently, Wawa has added Superchargers to its Lewes, Del., store, the Cape Gazette reported.

Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, West Palm, etc.

Positivity is amazing.......can't wait to get my new S and let others know how amazing these cars are. My current S will stay with us and be used as a grocery getter or home depot project hauler. I'm amazed at how much I can get to fit inside. Anyone else keep there older one?

"Best company in the world..."
"... huge role in enabling restraint of climate change.."

(not picking on Bluebay or MaryAnn specifically)

These types of phrases are the jargon of cultism, and (you) would roundly dismiss anyone who thought their "cult" is or does any of these. In this case, the cult is Elon Musk. Steve Jobs used words like "magical" in front of fawning audiences. Is your phone or computer really "magical"? Do you project your own biases onto a car? You should see the rocket contrails Musk leaves as a footprint. My advice: please do not use Tesla's own marketing jargon as arguments for anything.

Yeah, I like my car, too.
I'm not part of the cult of Elon Musk. Kind of the opposite. Bought a model 3 for the EAP in spite of Musk and was pleasantly surprised by everything else. I do think, with clear eyes, that:
1) about 1/3 of global CO2 emission comes from cars and trucks,
2) It would be pretty hard to reduce that as long as the dominant mode is ICE,
3) Tesla, the company founded by Martin and Marc, could end up playing a key role in any reduction of CO2 emission that may take place, particularly through its influence on other manufacturers and on global perceptions of the viability of non-ICE cars.

(Sorry to go a little negative of the positive thread, hahaha.)

Reactions: Ohmie
I'm not part of the cult of Elon Musk. Kind of the opposite. Bought a model 3 for the EAP in spite of Musk and was pleasantly surprised by everything else. I do think, with clear eyes, that:
1) about 1/3 of global CO2 emission comes from cars and trucks,
2) It would be pretty hard to reduce that as long as the dominant mode is ICE,
3) Tesla, the company founded by Martin and Marc, could end up playing a key role in any reduction of CO2 emission that may take place, particularly through its influence on other manufacturers and on global perceptions of the viability of non-ICE cars.

(Sorry to go a little negative of the positive thread, hahaha.)
But you did it in a positive way

Reactions: MaryAnning3
Still very happy with my "Rocket"! Here are some recent shots:

Tesla75D_32_ig.jpg
Tesla75D_38_ig.jpg
Tesla75D_27_ig.jpg
Tesla75D_40a_ig.jpg