Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Modelo for the road…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I were recently road tripping to Charleston, S.C. We stopped at the Orangeburg, S.C supercharger to charge up for the final push to our destination. I was surprised to see two guys in the Y next to me enjoying their Modelos before completing their charging needs and pulling away. I get lunching while charging, but do you drink while charging, too? Maybe it’s legal in S.C.

I don’t know, when I lived in Texas in the ‘80s, you could drink and drive (but not be over the limit). And then they passed a seatbelt law so a cartoon in the newspaper showed some good old boys in their pickup with beer cans all over and the caption was “ oh crap, everyone buckle up, there’s a cop behind us”……

I get lunching while charging, but do you drink while charging, too? Maybe it’s legal in S.C.
With the way you asked the question, yes, tons of people do it, and it's definitely legal everywhere. But that's because I am taking that as go into Red Robin and have a burger and beer while charging.

Drinking in a parked car is a different kind of question, and I'm not sure how that is handled in different states.