Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Love Story: Model 3 is so good, monster truck drivers want to finger it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys, I just experienced a beautiful moment of love yesterday.

My Model 3, Elektra, was on AutoPilot, and this was on the 405 where there are frequent phantom traffic stops. Normally, I'd tap the accelerator a bit to make the gap smaller but the display showed another vehicle right in front of vehicle in front, so I didn't wanna risk finding out how hard they'd brake and just let the Elektra do her job with distance set to minimum.

The monster truck driver behind was apparently in awe after seeing the Elektra's psychic abilities to see cars in front, that he quickly fell in love and wanted to engage in sexual contact with her. Audio was muted, unfortunately, so the mating call (*beep beep*!) is not audible.

It seems he had trouble finding the tailpipe on the Elektra so he searched on the right side. No luck. Being puzzled, he rolled down his window and made an interesting hand sign. He apparently wanted help finding where to insert his finger as a token on appreciation. Realizing his intentions, Elektra and I blushed. We had no idea he was so grateful that he wanted to reproduce with her on the spot. You could see the love in his eyes. :oops:

l5dfKnU.jpg

Elektra, still being relatively young (2 months), declined his offer by continuing on her path and ignoring him. Poor disappointed truck driver became upset so he went back behind her and followed her for a while, appreciating her beauty and intelligence. To this day, he still dreams of her being S3XY. This was such a beautiful moment that I thought I'd share it with you guys. I'm grateful for AutoPilot, as it allowed me to experience this love-filled moment.

Remember to cover your charge port when the finger comes. You just may shock them. ;)

Imagine how much better he felt after saying hi to you that way. He I am sure was calm and a flood of endorphins flooded his brain.
You certainly increased the GHI (Global Happiness Index)

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte
I think you misinterpreted what his hand signal meant. I think he was trying to tell you and show you he had Peyronie's condiition in his lower extremities. He was just trying to tell you he was feeling some discomfort in his nether regions after taking one look at your model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte
I had these people when I drove a BMW, I'm sure I'll see them again when I get my three. Any recommendations on how to interact with them? Usually, I either ignored them as if I didn't see them or just waved and smiled. Both pissed them off more but I think the ignore is a better approach.

ahh the good ol 405 :rolleyes:
How hard would it be to remove one of those fancy Dashcams every day (not allow to have one at work).
They're pretty easy to connect and disconnect, but you may have to find a creative way of sticking them to your windshields without the sticky tape it comes with. :)

That made my day, a Raptor being called a monster truck :p. That being said, I cannot wait for an electric pickup, would buy in a heartbeat.

BACK to the important item at hand, How is the DR900s?!?! I didnt realize they started shipping the preorders! Quality looks fantastic!
I refer to any trucks that large as monster trucks. The reason? If I were a biker, I'd consider a truck that large a monster and would feel unsafe around it. :p

The DR900S cameras are awesome so far! I got mine 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying them ever since. I haven't watched any footage on 4K monitors yet, but the resolution certainly helped me get that nice screenshot I posted. :D

My only complaint is the battery charge times. Even with my 1 hour commute, it only charges the B-124 battery to 60-ish percent and lasts about 5 hours parked. I'm considering additional battery charge methods.

I had these people when I drove a BMW, I'm sure I'll see them again when I get my three. Any recommendations on how to interact with them? Usually, I either ignored them as if I didn't see them or just waved and smiled. Both pissed them off more but I think the ignore is a better approach.
No idea. I was on AutoPilot so I was just sitting back (not reclined) relaxing the whole time with one hand on the armrest and the other on my lap. I purposely removed my hands off the steering wheel as he got close just to mess with him.

Another monster truck passed by a minute later on my left side with the passenger also wanting to finger my Model 3. It might've been his friend. I was tempted to wave hello when that happened but resisted to avoid any trouble.

No idea. I was on AutoPilot so I was just sitting back (not reclined) relaxing the whole time with one hand on the armrest and the other on my lap. I purposely removed my hands off the steering wheel as he got close just to mess with him.

Another monster truck passed by a minute later on my left side with the passenger also wanting to finger my Model 3. It might've been his friend. I was tempted to wave hello when that happened but resisted to avoid any trouble.

This isn't what I picture in LA, I picture this in some southern states or something. It's really strange people care so much.

You must have screwed up somehow, but I'm not seeing it.

Following distance seems fine at least comparatively speaking.

Behavior seems fine unless there was phantom AP braking at some point.

I'm at a loss. It's not like he couldn't see right over you so what was he expecting? He initially signaled you to go faster or move over, but there was lots of traffic directly in front of you.

Interesting
This isn't what I picture in LA, I picture this in some southern states or something. It's really strange people care so much.

Oh there's lots of crazies in LA, but trucks are allot more scarce. But when you do see them, they are often Raptors with drivers that never go offroad, tow anything, or actually use their trucks :). I think he was just wishing he could regen brake!

I'm at a loss. It's not like he couldn't see right over you so what was he expecting? He initially signaled you to go faster or move over, but there was lots of traffic directly in front of you.
Obviously if your in the fast lane, your supposed to be riding the ass of the car in front of you!

Rule 405: if you're not tailgating, you're doing it wrong.

To be fair, if I were in my previous car without AutoPilot, I would've been driving as aggressively as everyone else. 'Tis why I like AutoPilot on this route. I don't feel the need to piss people off anymore as I'm no longer stressed from hours of driving. :)

Although it doesn't justify his reaction, I'll be the dissenting opinion here.

I know it isn't common in Cali but the left lane is for passing, not cruising at a speed slower than lanes to your right. You literally had 6 people pass you in the lane immediately to your right, and 15-20 pass you in all lanes to your right in the minute of your video. If you want to drive leisurely (which is great, btw) then please move out of the passing lane.

I know it isn't common in Cali but the left lane is for passing, not cruising at a speed slower than lanes to your right. You literally had 6 people pass you in the lane immediately to your right, and 15-20 pass you in all lanes to your right in the minute of your video. If you want to drive leisurely (which is great, btw) then please move out of the passing lane.

This!

Indeed. If you aren't overtaking, you shouldn't be in the leftmost general-access lane. If there's an active HOV lane in the extreme left (assuming a civilized country, not one of those weird right-hand-drive places that drive on the sinister side), the next-leftmost is now the passing lane for general traffic.

I agree with @run-the-joules ...to a certain extent, but I'm going to defend @Pkmmte in this particular situation. Here's why...

If all lanes of traffic are moving at a speed below the speed limit...it doesn't really matter what lane you are in. By your rationale, all cars should then move over and clog the right-most lanes, leaving the left lane for whom -- people that want to go the speed limit? Isn't that everyone in this case? His video showed that speeds were consistently below the speed limit on that freeway.