Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few things on closer inspection, worth raising with service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

So I was in a kind of strange situation, with my wife having to take delivery of our Model 3 before the Federal Tax credit deadline while I was away on a business trip. I had a friend help with the inspection and the first home delivery we actually had to refuse as there were multiple issues with the paint and a few fitment issues, didn't feel worth the hassle.

The second car picked up from Fremont was much better. They fixed some swirl marks on the paint there and then and my wife took delivery.

I just got back and have taken a much closer look at the car myself. My general impression is that it looks pretty good. We were told that if we find anything else before we reach the 100 mile mark to report it, schedule a service and they would take care of it - the car has about 80 miles on it after a brief test drive last night (A-OK!).

The things I've noticed are:

1) On the trunk lid, under the handle, the paint it a bit rough and looks like it's been wet sanded. The seam isn't smooth either (presumably they weld this bit?) and there are a few chips in the paint. It's not visible when you're looking from above, I'm wondering if this is a consistent issue, whether it is worth reporting? It's a bit difficult to capture on the photos but it looks like the paint is a little thinner under there too.

2) Where the A-Pillar meets the front fender on the passenger side, it's obviously misaligned, there's a big step. The other side is fine. Again wondering if this is something they can fix?

That aside, the car seems great so far and looking forward to giving it a full wash down, paint correction and ceramic coating when I get some time!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_093811.jpg
    IMG_20190704_093811.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20190704_093627.jpg
    IMG_20190704_093627.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20190704_093632.jpg
    IMG_20190704_093632.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 105