Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor A beautiful Model S Signature Performance corrected and coated with GTechniq.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pete wanted to thank you once again for the GTechniq coating of my car. I've been able to wash it every other week instead of weekly. After driving in the rain by the time I get home the car is dry and shining again.

My S is extremely easy to wash and dry.

Thanks again.

Roland

Pete wanted to thank you once again for the GTechniq coating of my car. I've been able to wash it every other week instead of weekly. After driving in the rain by the time I get home the car is dry and shining again.

Thanks again.

Roland

Thank you for your feedback Roland..It's greatly appreciated. I'm glad your enjoying the benefits of the coating...Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I'm here to serve you guys :smile:

For Florida I get that GTechniq might be more practical, but up here in the Northeast OpticoatPro is the most common coating I hear about.

Local detailer is offering both (C1/Exo is $200 more than the OcPro) but interested in your thoughts as to which is best for our climate.... and my desire to have a clean looking car without investing a lot of time to do so. Durability/scratch resistance are super important to me, more so than maximum gloss.

FI Pete, what's your professional prescription?

The beauty of a properly detailed Black Tesla...Corrected and Coated

The following pictures are of a new Tesla MS that came to my studio for a single stage paint correction and Gtechniq coating. Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed working on this car.
- Disclaimer: I'm a professional detailer, not a professional photographer :wink: Excuse the quality of this pictures :biggrin:

Vehicle at arrival
IMG_1076.png
IMG_1077.png
IMG_1078.png
IMG_1079.png

Wash and decontamination
IMG_1080.png
IMG_1081.png
IMG_1082.png

Paint inspection and defect assessment
IMG_1085.png
IMG_1083.png
IMG_1086.png
IMG_1087.png

Defect removal
IMG_1097.png

Before and after shots
IMG_1099.png
IMG_1101.png
IMG_1104.png
IMG_1106.png
IMG_1110.png
IMG_1112.png
IMG_1114.png
IMG_1117 copy.png
IMG_1122.png
IMG_1123.png

Reflection after polishing has been completed
IMG_1118.png
IMG_1121.png

Final results - Coated with Gtechniq
IMG_1133.png
IMG_1134.png
IMG_1135.png
IMG_1138.png
IMG_1139.png
IMG_1141.png
IMG_1144.png
IMG_1127.png
IMG_1128.png
IMG_1130.png
IMG_1154.png
IMG_1155.png
IMG_1146.png
IMG_1147.png
IMG_1148.png
IMG_1150.png
IMG_1151.png

This is a video showing the before and ofter of this car. Make sure to adjust the video quality for a better experience

This MS is now protected for years to come.

If you have any questions about detailing or how to properly car for your Tesla, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm here to serve you

Last edited by a moderator:
For Florida I get that GTechniq might be more practical, but up here in the Northeast OpticoatPro is the most common coating I hear about.

Local detailer is offering both (C1/Exo is $200 more than the OcPro) but interested in your thoughts as to which is best for our climate.... and my desire to have a clean looking car without investing a lot of time to do so. Durability/scratch resistance are super important to me, more so than maximum gloss.

FI Pete, what's your professional prescription?

Gtechniq and Opti-Coat Pro are both durable coatings but, if maximum gloss is not important to you then Opti-Coat Pro is what I would recommend you to go with..you'll save $200 up there where you're at. Keep in mind that your vehicle will stay cleaner longer and will be easier to wash with Gtechniq EXOv2 due to its superhydrophobic properties. That is my honest professional opinion and experience

Last edited:
Pete,

What a beautiful job. Your work is first class.

Roland

Thank you very much Roland

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome results. It's like the car is a giant mirror now. Well too bad I am not in Florida anymore to bring you my car. How would you treat a MS with the tesla wrap on it? Can the gtechniq go over it?

Yes Chris, Gtechniq EXOv2 superhydrophobic coating is my coating of choice to layer the paint armor with. Later on I will be posting a Blue Tesla MS that we wrapped the entire front end with Xpel and coated with Gtechniq as well.

Thanks again.

Roland

+1 Count me in as another happy customer. Pete does beautiful work and we love the GTechniq coating on our car. Even when I don't have time to do a full wash on the car, a quick rinse is enough to at least get the love bugs off before they can cause any damage on the paint.

Very nice job. What is the cost of this effort?

Shelbri..There are many variables that can impact the total cost of a job like this one such as color of the car, condition of the paint, how much defect removal does a client wants removed and brand of coating. Prices also varies from detailer to detailer. Do your homework before hiring a detailer to work on your car.

Pete, I had my S Opticoated some time ago (early last year) but it's showing signs of wear. Would it be worth redoing with GTechniq or just buff out the small imperfections?

Did you have Opti-Coat Pro or Opti-Coat 2.0 applied on the car? I would have to inspect your Tesla and advice you on what would be the best course of action. Feel free to give me a call sometime and we can set up a schedule where you can come to my studio or I can come by your house and inspect the car :smile:
(813) 846-3891 Pete

Pete: I have a Sig red car that had CQuartz done in late 2012. Would you recommend the GTechniq still over the Opticoat? Thanks.

Your Signature red will need to have the CQuartz reapplied sometime next year or Choose another coating that will provide you with longer protection UNLESS you're planning to keep the car for no more than 3 more years :smile:

- Do I recommend Gtechniq over Opti-Coat? NO...reason - By layering Opti-Coat with another brand of coating you will void the warranty from Opti-Coat (If you bought it with the warranty).

- Have I applied Gtechniq over Opti-Coat? Yes. I have applied EXOv2 super hydrophobic coating over Opti-Coat Pro...BUT, I know what I'm doing and not before letting the client know that Opti-Coat will have no warranty.

- Do I recommend you to go to your detailer and have him or her do it? NO..It could be a big waste of money for you if they don't know what they are doing.

Very nice!

I wonder how the result would be if you started out with a silver metallic paint rather than black.

How much does it cost, and when are you coming to Hong Kong?

We might be able to bring up a group of owners so you can do a whole batch.