Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D Now 4.4, P85D Now 3.1 Seconds to 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there's anyone with an 85D near me (~45 min north of Charlotte) I'll have a PerfomanceBox soon and wouldn't mind getting some accurate numbers :)

Just went to the drag strip. Outside temp was around 45F.

First run : SOC@62% [email protected] (I let go of the accelerator about 100ft from the end... and full regen kicked in(first time at that specific drag strip)
Second Run : 12.77 something. Problem with the timer, no slips
3rd Run : 12.789. They still had problem with the timers
Last run : SOC@54% [email protected] (clean run)

SOC is definitely a factor here. My car feels much faster > 80%.

Slips (run #1 and #4)
run1.jpg
run4.jpg

Just went to the drag strip. Outside temp was around 45F.

First run : SOC@62% [email protected] (I let go of the accelerator about 100ft from the end... and full regen kicked in(first time at that specific drag strip)
Second Run : 12.77 something. Problem with the timer, no slips
3rd Run : 12.789. They still had problem with the timers
Last run : SOC@54% [email protected] (clean run)

SOC is definitely a factor here. My car feels much faster > 80%.

Slips (run #1 and #4)
View attachment 78503View attachment 78504

Sport mode was on I assume? Looks like at a nice SOC it is pretty close to the P85, just a bit slower to keep things civil :)

Those slips could pass as P85 slips... actually a bit better than what I was getting yesterday with my fiance's P85.

Tesla Model S P85D vs Tesla Model S P85 (1/8th mile drag) - YouTube
Tesla Model S P85D vs Tesla Model S P85 #2 (1/8th mile drag) - YouTube

Got the 2.4.188 update yesterday and now the "Normal" and "Sport" mode on my car is gone. The setting is simply not there anymore. The car feels (as in my butt dyno) the same sport mode, all the time, now.... but the setting is gone.

This is covered in the release notes. They simply removed the Normal/Sport selection and have given you full performance if you ask for it (with the Go pedal), just like the P85.

This is covered in the release notes. They simply removed the Normal/Sport selection and have given you full performance if you ask for it (with the Go pedal), just like the P85.

Ok, I scrolled the release notes pretty quickly this morning and my brain only saw "the same as the 6.2". Did not read it carefully.

I like that name, the "Go Pedal"... I'm still catching myself calling it the Gas pedal :D