Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8/3 - Indy to Normal SC lunch trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, Normal IL resident, I can make a reservation somewhere, probably Medci? Just need a rough head count. If any of you are willing to be interviewed about the Model S and supercharging, that would be awesome! Just let me know, no crew or big camera just something that shoots 1080p. I've never really met a "real life" Tesla owner! Just a couple test drives and Tesla workers. Just need a head count for res. Do we want to eat on patio? PM for anything
Christian P.

I'm certain that anyone and everyone in attendance will speak with you at length and happily give you any and all info/answers that they can. As far as reservations, I'm guessing this thread is the best way to get numbers? Kenneth DID mention something about an Irish Pub type place close to the Supercharger.

Head Count

Head count time! This is who I have at the moment. Add your name to the list with the number of people in your car, and Rebecca and I will make sure the Maggie Mileys pub knows we are coming...

Model S 1. 4 occupants -- Kenneth Klabunde with Rebecca and 2 kids (moderate charging priority - back in Indy by 5PM)
Model S 2. 2 occupants -- Al Sherman (shotgun) and rabar10, coming from Indy
Model S 3. 2 occupants -- Liz G and passenger (coming in early, leaving late)
Model S 4. 1 occupant -- Bluefuego (I don't need to be back in STL until 6pm; I can either wait a bit or I could come into town earlier, depends on if we STL'ers decide to caravan.)
Model S 5. 1 occupant -- vbsdan (hopefully)
Model S 6. 2 occupants -- zerompg with his wife, local to SC, not charging
Model S 7. 2 occupants -- two guests from St Louis group
Model S 8. 1 occupant -- guest from St Louis group
Non-S 9. ? occupants -- Clprenz (local to SC)

Model S -- ChildressMD (schedule conflict, can't make it)
Model S -- Rdrcrmatt (now working, can't make it)
Model S -- Hsmohler (memorial service, can't make it)
Model S -- FlasherZ (family reunion, can't make it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe edit first post with updated meeting time and location? I see all the info in post 23 though. Have fun! Have family that might be able to join you guys but won't know until later in the week.

Restating details (#23):
Saturday, August 3rd it is!

Sounds like some will be headed straight to Normal. For those of us from or passing through Indy we will meet at the Keystone Crossing chargers on the north side of the mall's west parking garage at 8:30AM. I will be there at 7:00AM to add a few miles on the battery and grab some breakfast at Ruth's Cafe with the family and anyone else who wants to join us.

We will depart from Keystone and plan to arrive in Normal at 11:30AM (all times are EST) to start recharging cars. Maggie Miley's Irish pub open at Noon EST.

Post if you're in, and let us know if you plan to be at the Keystone meet-up, or Normal.

Restating details (#23):

We will depart from Keystone and plan to arrive in Normal at 11:30AM (all times are EST) to start recharging cars. Maggie Miley's Irish pub open at Noon EST.

Ok... I have to do it... and confess... Indiana confuses me with their seemingly random use of EST and CST. Normal, IL is on Central time, right? Right? (this exact thing has bitten me in the butt before trying to get to a race in Indy - fortunately I only missed some pre race stuff the night before).

So lunch will be at 12 EST/ 11 CST?

Last edited:
Updated the head count post with the latest feedback, and removed the one Model S entry without a name or passenger count (unless someone not on the forum was planning on attending -- if that was the case then feel free to add it back in!)

Ok... I have to do it... and confess... Indiana confuses me with their seemingly random use of EST and CST. Normal, IL is on Central time, right? Right? (this exact thing has bitten me in the butt before trying to get to a race in Indy - fortunately I only missed some pre race stuff the night before).

So lunch will be at 12 EST/ 11 CST?
RE: the latest in Indiana time zones: Law Ends Daylight Saving Confusion -- the tl;dr is that almost the entire state (except for the far northwest and southwest corners) is on Eastern time, and the entire state observes Daylight Saving Time. So Indianapolis is EDT, and Normal is CDT -- always different by one hour.

RE: the latest in Indiana time zones: Law Ends Daylight Saving Confusion -- the tl;dr is that almost the entire state (except for the far northwest and southwest corners) is on Eastern time, and the entire state observes Daylight Saving Time. So Indianapolis is EDT, and Normal is CDT -- always different by one hour.

Thanks rabar! Every time I drive through IN, usually to Evansville, I am reminded of a great West Wing episode where they are campaigning throughout the state and how a couple of them get left behind because they were not aware of the time zone differences.

I will not be able to attend. The scheduling is too tight for my comfort, and we've had a school event come up as well.

We need to have a GTG closer to Indy. Maybe a drop-in to a Cars and Coffee?

Scott
Drat - will have to try the Cars & Coffee meet sometime, as long as I park my Saturn far enough away :wink: Still just south of 96th and Meridian on Saturday mornings?

We have 2 additional Model S's coming from St Louis not yet accounted for on this thread. Total of 3 people in those cars. They responded to our group page posting.
Thanks, updated the wiki post. Current total is 10 Model S's with at least 18 people for lunch.

I cannot make it as I will be at a family reunion about 90 minutes from Normal. A shame, because I'd really like to meet up with everyone, but can't make this work. Next time!