Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 D range anxiety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understood, but it takes time to adjust your style of driving to account for no "coasting" without making your passengers sick (at least in my experience). I think you have to warm up to full regenerative breaking and I hope to get there soon...

its probably easier to adjust by just having your car on full regen. Its all about changing the way you handle the GO pedal differently. in ICE cars, you can drive smoothly by completely letting go of the gas pedal then gently step on the brake at level 1-2 (lets say stomping your brake or gas pedal all the way down is a 10).

in a tesla, instead of completely letting off the pedal, you go from a 4-5 down to a 2 (i.e. you go from having the GO pedal halfway down, to being pressed down slightly). this will slow your car without it being head flinging. i came from manual cars and took about 40mins driving to get accustomed to it, and 2 hours to become completely natural at it. hopefully this is as easy to adapt for you as it was for me.

enjoy the 90% single pedal driving :)

Reactions: halg
Understood, but it takes time to adjust your style of driving to account for no "coasting" without making your passengers sick (at least in my experience). I think you have to warm up to full regenerative breaking and I hope to get there soon...

My regen set to normal, and I love it, it's like I am driving with only one pedal. The trick is don't release the acceleration pedal like you do in gas cars, just release little by little, works like a charm.