Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP seems a bit "looser" now. I have found it run wide outside the lane a couple of times on curves.
Also had it misrecognise the speed limit and sharply slow down to 45 in a 60, not great tbh.

Seems a bit to be one step forward and two back at the moment

Nag level similar to before for me, possibly a bit more frequent

okay - I'm not one for being a scaremonger but please take additional care with 7.1 AP.

The car has actually run off the road twice for me now (yes- I was watching it and safely recovered).
The lines weren't brilliant on the road due to the seasonal muck but I am absolutely of the opinion that v7.0 would not have done this as I drive the same roads daily.

Potentially just as seriously my car suddenly decided on a non-dual carriageway road that the limit was no longer 60mph (it was) and suddenly slowed to 45mph, the chap behind me didn't hit me but came mighty close and understandably I got flashed and hooted at for this unexpected manoeuvre. Had there been somevody behind him it could well have resulted in a rear end collision.

7.1 seems a little more "natural" in steering though curves but perhaps we need 7.2 to improve things further.

I also had to brake today in traffic when I would have expected the TACC to stop for me. Keeping my eye on this one.

okay - I'm not one for being a scaremonger but please take additional care with 7.1 AP.

The car has actually run off the road twice for me now (yes- I was watching it and safely recovered).
The lines weren't brilliant on the road due to the seasonal muck but I am absolutely of the opinion that v7.0 would not have done this as I drive the same roads daily.

Potentially just as seriously my car suddenly decided on a non-dual carriageway road that the limit was no longer 60mph (it was) and suddenly slowed to 45mph, the chap behind me didn't hit me but came mighty close and understandably I got flashed and hooted at for this unexpected manoeuvre. Had there been somevody behind him it could well have resulted in a rear end collision.

7.1 seems a little more "natural" in steering though curves but perhaps we need 7.2 to improve things further.

I also had to brake today in traffic when I would have expected the TACC to stop for me. Keeping my eye on this one.

Ouch! Not good. as regards the sudden speed reduction, it sounds as if the car lost its reading of the limit (sign or GPS) and decided to be careful but that's dangerous, isn't it. The release notes say : "Autosteer is now restricted on residential roads and roads without a center divider. When Autosteer is engaged on a restricted road, Model S’s speed will be limited to the speed limit of the road plus an additional 5 mph.", so it should not have objected up to 65. I wonder whether some bit of the previously threatened restriction to 45 on non-divided roads has crept in.

It would be useful if you repeated this on the speakev.com forum. Perhaps you should report it to Tesla service as a bug, using the voice bug report in the car.

Interesting about TACC, too; have to watch for that.

I updated my 70D to 7.1 the day it first came out and today I have a notification that there is a another update. My other half is out in the car so I won't know exactly what it is till later today, could be a roll back or bug fix of some kind I guess. Anyone else got this yet?

I updated my 70D to 7.1 the day it first came out and today I have a notification that there is a another update. My other half is out in the car so I won't know exactly what it is till later today, could be a roll back or bug fix of some kind I guess. Anyone else got this yet?

ive got the update and will install it over lunchtime. I'll report back on the changes after work.

This fellow didn't stop: WARNING: I rear-ended someone today while using Auto Pilot in my brand new P90D!, though he was using AP. I reckon a 2-car gap is not enough, though I understand why people do it. How many cars do the chevrons on some of our motorways represent?

I read that. Apparently he cruises at a 2 to stop people from merging in front of him. I cruise at a 6 or 7 so people can merge in front if they want to. Why wouldn't you want to let people merge in front? The world would be a nicer place if we all just merged in turn and held doors open for each other.

Hi, can you post the version number please, and list any release notes that come with it. Thanks

Hi, can you post the version number please, and list any release notes that come with it. Thanks

Hi. I wish I had noted the version pre the second update but I didn't. It's now 2.9.172 as is Universe's above. Nothing seems to have changed. release notes are the same. They either sent the same update twice or the second one had a 'fix' in for the 70d's that were reporting as 60's after the first update (mine never did).

All in all, a non-event

I read that. Apparently he cruises at a 2 to stop people from merging in front of him. I cruise at a 6 or 7 so people can merge in front if they want to. Why wouldn't you want to let people merge in front? The world would be a nicer place if we all just merged in turn and held doors open for each other.
While I agree with your sentiment, you'll find it EXTREMELY rare in North America. people will do ANYTHING to stop someone from getting in front of them, many will accelerate to block you the instant you put your signal on to merge.

AP has nothing to do with the software upgrade; to use AP you need to either buy an AP-enabled car or pay a (higher) fee to add it later. AFAIK!

That's right. All cars have the autopilot hardware as standard but to enable it is an option. It currently costs £2200 as an option when ordering the car or £2600 if you have it enabled after taking delivery (prices correct as of now on the Tesla site).