Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say according to my experience you will get 125-130 out of 200. Depends where you live and you must drive 55mph or lower to achieve 170 out of 200. Model X definitely eats out more than model S

So it sounds like your experience is you get 160 miles out of your 257 rated miles on your 90D. So you must be averaging about 535 Wh/mile or so, is that correct? If so you must drive 85 mph windows down A/C blasting, regen on low and slam the brakes for a hard stop and then floor it on takeoff.

In reality land, I have averaged about 365 Wh/mile over 4700 miles on my 90D. That includes a lot of stop and go hilly commuting blasting the A/C in 95 degree heat. Therefore my average real world range on my 90D would be about 235 miles. I would say getting 180 miles on the 60D (if the 200 mile rated estimate is accurate), shouldn't be too difficult. Driving 75 mph on the interstate I get around 370-380 Wh/mile, driving 65 mph I get pretty much rated range. I don't get where your 55 mph comes from, you are getting close to ideal range at that speed.

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
So I dropped by the Costa Mesa store today to check out the real car. To my surprise they were even able to offer me a full test drive without appointment. The sales associate was very helpful, letting me check out all the configurations they have that I have question about - HiFi audio system, 6 vs 7 seats configuration, etc. I was very impressed and got a very positive experience.

First on the audio system - I listened to the upgraded system first. It was very good. Then I tried the standard system. It was actually quite obvious the HiFi system sounds better. I am not an audiophile but I was able to tell. However, the standard system also sounds good (we were just listening to Disney music as I it's likely what we will listen to for the foreseeable future).

On the 6 vs 7 seats - we are not a tall family so the 3rd row was actually much better than I anticipated, esp you could move the middle row a little bit toward the front for more legroom for the 3rd row. So we are sticking with the 7 seats configuration.

Now this is going to sound crazy - I think this test drive might cost me $20k. Yep they gave me a 90D to test drive and I was very impressed with the power. Now I don't know if I want to settle for anything less! But, I have yet to get wife's approval for that.

Anyways, I am glad that the test drive justified the purchase. If there was any doubt we would have canceled the order (mostly about the cargo space / 3rd row seats), but looks like it's good to move forward.

I got the standard sound system and it is the best sound system I have ever heard... I love it! I can't imagine how you could make it better, but I have not experienced the upgraded version. Perhaps the upgrade is better in the middle and back rows, but I never sit back there so who cares :D

The upgrade is so beyond the standard it isn't even funny... No exaggeration, its seriously like 5 times as good no matter where you sit. At least 7% of my lifes happiness comes from the sterio upgrade. I'm not kidding.

The upgrade is so beyond the standard it isn't even funny... No exaggeration, its seriously like 5 times as good no matter where you sit. At least 7% of my lifes happiness comes from the sterio upgrade. I'm not kidding.

5 times as good is still not worth $2,500 for me. Most of my driving is my music on volume 3, fade 100% to the front. That is unless the toddler is upset, in which case we tune in to the Toddler channel on Slacker and turn up the rear speakers a bit. Then we get the wheels on the bus, 5 little monkeys, the hot dog dance, etc. I would estimate 0.00001% increased happiness by spending $2,500 on the upgraded sound. But to each their own!

Now this is going to sound crazy - I think this test drive might cost me $20k. Yep they gave me a 90D to test drive and I was very impressed with the power. Now I don't know if I want to settle for anything less! But, I have yet to get wife's approval for that.

Anyways, I am glad that the test drive justified the purchase. If there was any doubt we would have canceled the order (mostly about the cargo space / 3rd row seats), but looks like it's good to move forward.

In the 90 they can change it to a 75 so you can feel the difference. I would recommend going back and doing that before you finalize your order.

In the 90 they can change it to a 75 so you can feel the difference. I would recommend going back and doing that before you finalize your order.
Hah I wish I knew. I don't know why I didn't ask if they had a 75D which would have prompted them telling me this! I was just very excited and all. After reading many (negative) posts on this forum my expectation was far exceeded after the test drive. When he asked if there's any concern I have about the car, all I could say was not on top of my head! (What about the 2nd row not tiling w/ car seats installed, FWD issues, double ghosting windshield, etc.???)

I assume you test drove both? I am coming from a 414hp M3 and a 300hp 535i, which are both faster to the 60s than the X60D. But then I could never drive fast on the M3 because all that power comes at redline. Anyways I doubt I'd get approved for spending extra $20k.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
I also ordered my 60D yesterday! Below is a copy of my current build. I'm definitely open to suggestions from more experienced Tesla owners since the majority of what I know has come from YouTube in the last 48 hours. Congratulations to everyone else and God Bless!View attachment 185658

Good choices... same color as ours and we love it! If you want to save $2,500, the multi-pattern seats are awesome, they are super comfy, look great and are easy to clean. Also, the free Obeche wood looks really good. Smart air suspension is worth the extra $, it provides some flexibility for creating a softer ride on city streets and more aerodynamics on the highway. It is also useful for raising the car on gravel roads. Not sure if it is worth it to you, but the optional 72 amp charger allows for faster charging at destination chargers. I figure the more options and flexibility for charging the better.

Good choices... same color as ours and we love it! If you want to save $2,500, the multi-pattern seats are awesome, they are super comfy, look great and are easy to clean. Also, the free Obeche wood looks really good. Smart air suspension is worth the extra $, it provides some flexibility for creating a softer ride on city streets and more aerodynamics on the highway. It is also useful for raising the car on gravel roads. Not sure if it is worth it to you, but the optional 72 amp charger allows for faster charging at destination chargers. I figure the more options and flexibility for charging the better.

Obeche wood is not free, it's that ugly marble black that is free. I went with the matte Obeche. I do think I am going to ditch the upgraded sound and do the dual charges and stick with the 60 unless I sell my S then I am going to go with the 90.

Obeche wood is not free, it's that ugly marble black that is free. I went with the matte Obeche. I do think I am going to ditch the upgraded sound and do the dual charges and stick with the 60 unless I sell my S then I am going to go with the 90.

Oh wow, they must have changed that, when I ordered my MX in February Obeche Wood Matte was the standard no-cost trim, now it looks like Dark Ash Wood is standard. Not sure why they changed it??

5 times as good is still not worth $2,500 for me. Most of my driving is my music on volume 3, fade 100% to the front. That is unless the toddler is upset, in which case we tune in to the Toddler channel on Slacker and turn up the rear speakers a bit. Then we get the wheels on the bus, 5 little monkeys, the hot dog dance, etc. I would estimate 0.00001% increased happiness by spending $2,500 on the upgraded sound. But to each their own!

Just make sure to get XM, you can go from Disney to Kids Place Live (w/ Bear E. White) in a year or two and a few more years after that to Kidzbop (which is basically top 40, but sung by kids).

Just make sure to get XM, you can go from Disney to Kids Place Live (w/ Bear E. White) in a year or two and a few more years after that to Kidzbop (which is basically top 40, but sung by kids).

I guess I am cheap because I wouldn't really care to pay for XM even if I could (since I didn't get premium sound, I don't get XM). Slacker has good kids channels as well, and if that isn't sufficient I'd rather pay for Apple Music or Spotify and be able to use the subscription anywhere as opposed to one vehicle.

I really don't think 75D is worth the upgrade from 60D when you can only charge at 90% of the 75kw and 100% at 60kw for battery protection. If I need the extra battery, I'd swallow the $19k to go for 90D.

UHFS is the only option I'm still struggling with. I heard it but I never got a chance to listen to the standard...

I really don't think 75D is worth the upgrade from 60D when you can only charge at 90% of the 75kw and 100% at 60kw for battery protection. If I need the extra battery, I'd swallow the $19k to go for 90D.

UHFS is the only option I'm still struggling with. I heard it but I never got a chance to listen to the standard...

I keep flip flopping between the two but you are right, it's not really worth 9K. But having a 60 already I just remember how stressful it was going on long trips and with 22 inch wheels the battery drains fast. I also thought bought getting the 72amp but that only adds 16 miles an hour, not really worth $1500.

Doubt it matters to most, but I just noted the Tesla warranty page says something about batteries over 70 get 8y unlimited mileage, 60 gets 8y 125K miles warranty. Maybe they are covering the taxi mileage use case. I was in Montreal last week and noticed 2 Model S painted local taxis.

Doubt it matters to most, but I just noted the Tesla warranty page says something about batteries over 70 get 8y unlimited mileage, 60 gets 8y 125K miles warranty. Maybe they are covering the taxi mileage use case. I was in Montreal last week and noticed 2 Model S painted local taxis.

that's weird, the tesla order page says all batteries get the same warranty.

The original S 60 had a 125K mile warranty. Not the new ones. The new ones are unlimited, same as every other S and X.

The original S 60 had a 125K mile warranty. Not the new ones. The new ones are unlimited, same as every other S and X.
Ah, then that is it, sorry for the misinformation. It gets a bit confusing as we still don't have a Model X Service Plan and Extended Warranty page which is what I was reading for Model S when I saw that.