Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second hand Model X 60D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I’d be grateful for some advice please.
I am considering buying a 2017 Model X 60D (registered 30.3.17) from a non Tesla dealer. A few questions I’d welcome comments on
1. The seller tells me it has transferrable free supercharging. I’ve read conflicting things about this but gather that early 2017 models that haven’t been resold by Tesla should have transferrable free supercharging. Anyone know if this is the case and/or how I might confirm it?
2. I gather it is possible to unlock the additional software locked battery to convert it to a 75D. Anyone able to confirm if this is still the case? I’ve read the cost historically was circa £2.1k. Might having to contact Tesla to unlock the additional battery capacity result in removal of the unlimited supercharging?
3. What is a realistic real world range for a 60D. Obviously this depends on driving style/ use of cabin heating etc. I’ve found with my model2019 3 SR+over my 4 years of ownership I have averaged 220kwh/mile which means I have been getting pretty much bang on the Tesla quoted range. Should I expect to get the Tesla quoted range for the X too?

i think orders had to be placed by mid Jan17 n registered by sometime in march, guess maybe end of month..
I think 60d for an X is too little but if mostly local driven n plenty of SCs around might be ok
SC charging speed should be reasonable since its an actual 75kWh pack

on my 90D i get about 2mi/% in summer n 1.5mi/% in winter so this gives me around 160/120mi (~76kW nominal remaining)
not enough for me to be comfortable but doable so far

keep in mind u can unlock/upgrade the pack by other means besides Tesla
since ur car is post AP2 its usually highly desirable with FUSC
if i could get my hands on one for a good price, i'd get it for sure (p100d's are expensive unicorns...)

Upvote 0