Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.0 (.15) bug or iphone 6 issue? Calendar not popping up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep: as my screenshots show, the Tesla app is running (both foreground and background tested) with all of the dependencies set. I have now accepted the fact the phone needs to be present for the popup or any calendar even if it is downloaded: as a design choice, this protects the privacy of the phone holder (presumably if you have the phone you have access to the calendar and contacts, screen lock/Touch ID notwithstanding).

Looks like others are indeed having this issue, yet others are not with similar configs. Could it be VIN related? Mine is #16225, Canadian MS.

i think it's a 6.0 issue with iOS 8.0.2

i just broke my iPhone 5S (with iOS 7.x) and started using my husband's 5S which has 8.0.2. the calendar app is set up properly with the Tesla app and it's not working anymore. prior to today, my iOS 7.x iPhone 5S was showing the calendar.

oh well.

On iPhone the Tesla app has to be running in the background in order to update the calendar upon entry as well as to receive push notifications from your car.
Yes, that has been stated several times. It's definitely running in the background on my iPhone 5S. Still doesn't pop up on morning entry.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep: as my screenshots show, the Tesla app is running (both foreground and background tested) with all of the dependencies set. I have now accepted the fact the phone needs to be present for the popup or any calendar even if it is downloaded: as a design choice, this protects the privacy of the phone holder (presumably if you have the phone you have access to the calendar and contacts, screen lock/Touch ID notwithstanding).

Looks like others are indeed having this issue, yet others are not with similar configs. Could it be VIN related? Mine is #16225, Canadian MS.
It doesn't pop up in the morning with my phone present. It pops up in the evening just fine. I have it set to pop up on "Morning and Evening".

I got the pop up working again on my car tonight. I did the following steps, but it might just be the last step (turn OFF then turn ON remote access in the car) that fixed it. I'll wait till Monday to see if this is some sort of time-date-day dependent bug.

Again, I have an iPhone 6, iOS 8.02, Tesla FW 6 .15 variant. There have been reports of iOS 8.02 and iPhone 6 and 6 Plus not connecting to car Bluetooth systems without a Reset Settings procedure, so I decided to try it.

1. iPhone: General/Reset/Reset All Settings (NOTE: there is a possible bug in iOS 8.02 that the Reset All Settings also deletes your iCloud/iWork documents stored on iCloud Drive -- I did NOT have iCloud Drive enabled yet since my Macs are still on 10.9.4 (Mavericks), thus not yet on Yosemite thus can't yet access iCloud Drive)
2. Tesla: Delete iPhone pairing
3. Pair the iPhone to the car using usual methods

--- at this point I still wasn't getting the Calendar pop up, so I tried:

4. Tesla: Turn OFF mobile access
5. Tesla: Turn Mobile access back ON

Now, I get the Calendar pop up as soon as the phone connects to the car's Bluetooth!

So, I'm still not sure if the fault is on the iOS or Tesla side, or due to the combination, but I'm happy to have this fixed (so far....)

Just got the 1.67.42 update tonight and the calendar popup works again! That said its 1145pm Saturday night so let's see if it shows up for the rest of the week! My prior brief return of the feature seemed to be when it was least useful.

I didn't make any other changes to the car's settings or iphone settings, and the calendar didn't pop up before the .42 update.

Here's to hoping this firmware variant fixed the popup!