Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

450 miles in, still at 99% calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently traded my model S for a model X. I’m 450 miles in and my cameras are still at 99% calibration and have been for some time. This has been going on for a bit. I’ve reset calibration at 210 miles, rebooted, reset and reached out to service. No camera faults have been thrown off and I was told by service that a couple of cameras are not yet calibrated (no kidding). Service suggested I drive in the middle lane of a 3+ lane road / highway which I have for probably 40% of my miles but I’m still sitting at 99%.

Any other suggestions? My model S did not take this long to calibrate so I’m skeptical of what service told me.

That seems unreasonably long. Any time I have recalibrated my cameras (HW3), it took less than 15 miles when driven on a well marked road (like below) and changing lanes a couple times.

well_marked_road.jpg

Have you tried going into service mode and looking at what it shows for the cameras and what the camera preview shows? I'm wondering if you have a camera that is operating fine but installed at an angle that is slightly out of spec and the software cant compensate for it.

The below video covers viewing the camera status starting at 11:35. If you don't know how to get into service mode, it is at 4:50 in the video.

Try this. touch Controls > Service > Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration. This is for a model 3 but it may be the same for the MX. That should start the calibration over again with thinking something was hanging it up previously. What ever the case, put in a service request. This will start a dialog with Tesla and they may further help via text messages through app on what to try or do.

That seems unreasonably long. Any time I have recalibrated my cameras (HW3), it took less than 15 miles when driven on a well marked road (like below) and changing lanes a couple times.

View attachment 1047808

Have you tried going into service mode and looking at what it shows for the cameras and what the camera preview shows? I'm wondering if you have a camera that is operating fine but installed at an angle that is slightly out of spec and the software cant compensate for it.

The below video covers viewing the camera status starting at 11:35. If you don't know how to get into service mode, it is at 4:50 in the video.

I checked service mode this morning.... Everything seemed fine. The previews all looked normal. I'm not sure if HW4 just takes longer vs HW3 but I agree this seems nuts.

Try this. touch Controls > Service > Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration. This is for a model 3 but it may be the same for the MX. That should start the calibration over again with thinking something was hanging it up previously. What ever the case, put in a service request. This will start a dialog with Tesla and they may further help via text messages through app on what to try or do.
I did this already once at about 210 miles.... I'm hesitant to start over again as this took so long as it is...

I did put in a service request and the service advisor texted that all looked OK w/ the cameras and a couple were not fully calibrated. Although my doubts are that I couldn't see any calibration % on a per camera basis when I was in service mode.

Reactions: Darmie
I had the windshield and computer replaced on my 2021 Plaid, and the calibration is still stuck at 99% after hundred of miles. Tesla service did remote diagnosis and said the problem is “Disconnected 12V”. I will take it in again next week to fix.

Also, I received the FSD one-month trial after they replaced the computer which had the FSD firmware, but I’ve been unable to try it due to the camera calibration issue. It will expire before they can fix and they say there is no workaround to give me a 2nd month of FSD trial I can actually use after they fix the issue from the last service.