Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$4200 for insurance?? If comfortable, please share what you pay?

Annual Tesla Insurance Premium

• Under $1000

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • $1000 - $2000

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • $2000 - $3000

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • $3000 - $4000

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Over $4000

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We pay 780.00 With Farmers - They had to go back to the underwriters as it started at 2700.00. Farmers system does not support Tesla's correctly yet and it has to be done manually. FYI for Farmers holders.

Two cars (2016 S60D, Infiniti SUV), Home, Motorcycle, boat

Yeah, I'm the vote that pays more than $3000!!! Here's why: 2 Tesla's!

Our limits are at the max, and we also have an umbrella.
I am not proud, Im pissed.
I would love to get lower premiums
20 & 30 yrs driving experience.
Live in a nice area of LA Suburbs.

1. Annual Tesla Premium, $3100
  2. Lowest car premium Model X is slightly LESS than S because my wife is female.
  3. Total cars owned 2-Tesla's Model S & Model X
  4. Number of drivers 2- No accidents, No tickets.
  5. Insurance company. Hartford for home and cars

Last edited:
Help me out here please. It sounds like Teslas can take a long, long time to get fixed at auto body shops (particularly because parts take a long time to arrive from Tesla). I can't really be without my car for that long and I wouldn't have another to drive. What's a reasonable insurance policy add-on price for a rental car for 1-2 months I've read about that it could take to get the car fixed?

$1400 per year, $50 deductible, max on everything, towing, no rental, gap insurance 20% over blue book on total loss, 7 cars on the policy, over 50, two Teslas, plus house insurance and life insurance in northern VA. Get a ticket every year (2 this year), wife has never had ticket in her life. FICO Credit Score of NLT 790. No accidents in over 20 years.