Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Party 4 Wheel Alignment Providers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incase you didn’t know, Tesla Service Center will not do an alignment if you have any aftermarket parts, wheels, suspension, etc.

I have the UP Lowering Springs and Wheel Spacers installed and can’t seem to find anywhere that will do an alignment on a Tesla.

I have seen a few mentioned in various threads, but have had no luck with the following places.

2 Pepboys Locations
2 Firestone Locations
Mavis Tire and Brakes
Christian Brothers

Anyone else have any recommendations for National Chain or Tampa/Orlando Florida area?

I just had an Alignment done at Tire Discounters, but I don’t see them in your area.

Also, I had aftermarket 20in wheels on my model Y and Tesla performed an alignment, albeit a bad one, on my vehicle no questions asked under warranty.

Electrified Garage has a new location one hour way in Occala. I live in NH, and I got my lift, alignment, and wheels and tires installed at their original Seabrook NH location earlier this week. I highly recommend sending them an email!

Reactions: miracj
Incase you didn’t know, Tesla Service Center will not do an alignment if you have any aftermarket parts, wheels, suspension, etc.

I have the UP Lowering Springs and Wheel Spacers installed and can’t seem to find anywhere that will do an alignment on a Tesla.

I have seen a few mentioned in various threads, but have had no luck with the following places.

2 Pepboys Locations
2 Firestone Locations
Mavis Tire and Brakes
Christian Brothers

Anyone else have any recommendations for National Chain or Tampa/Orlando Florida area?
Luxury or moderate springs? How is the ride compared to stock? My PUP is rough compared to my wife’s RX 350.

2 Pepboys Locations
2 Firestone Locations
Mavis Tire and Brakes
Christian Brothers

I just had an Alignment done at Tire Discounters, but I don’t see them in your area.

Also, I had aftermarket 20in wheels on my model Y and Tesla performed an alignment, albeit a bad one, on my vehicle no questions asked under warranty.
I guess all Tesla Service Centers are different. Here in Dublin, CA, Model S under warranty and they charged me $229 for an alignment and it took all day!

I guess all Tesla Service Centers are different. Here in Dublin, CA, Model S under warranty and they charged me $229 for an alignment and it took all day!
Does anyone know where to take Model S to near Tracy, CA to get alignment? Goodyear shop where I bought my tires told me they don’t have the updated machine to align Tesla’s as height of the car can be changed. Was told cars that you can’t adjust the height are the only ones they do.

They might have changed there position on this. I have an appointment to get my car aligned tomorrow and I specifically told them in the service request I have MPP coilovers and included a picture. They scheduled the appointment and I have prepaid the invoice for $335. I guess we'll see...

I'm back. I have good news and bad news. First, Tesla was cool with doing an alignment with the MPP coilovers (even though they charge a ton). Where I had a problem was with the drop. Since my car is 1" lower than normal, they didn't want to do it because they didn't have the correct specs for a Model Y at that height. They said X & S's with air suspension get aligned at different heights etc. I told them I just wanted it at the factory normal height settings but as it currently sits. Next, they said they wouldn't be able to get it into spec because it was lowered but I showed them the rear MPP adjustable camber arms. They didn't really want to proceed because they couldn't warranty anything but I said that was fine and I understand - just do your best.

The good news was they got everything in spec except the front camber. This was a little bit of a surprise to me because I haven't heard of anyone having that problem. I was prepared for the rear which is why I installed the arms. They got it as close as they could and also provided the reference specs in case I want to replace the front control arms to get more camber.

Here are some pics. First, the screen shot of their machine showing the target alignment specs. Second, my alignment, and third, a reference pic so you can see how low I am. I suspect if I was at normal ride height, there would have been no issue whatsoever.

AlignmentSpecs2.jpg

allignment.jpg

50and6_5.jpg

2 Pepboys Locations
2 Firestone Locations
Mavis Tire and Brakes
Christian Brothers

2 Pepboys Locations
2 Firestone Locations
Mavis Tire and Brakes
Christian Brothers

Goodyear Auto Service shop will do them.i just had it done for $183 and that includes a 3-year warranty. I'm in San Antonio, TX.