Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3kw and 7kw charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Tesla S is not charging on 3kw or 7kw at home. I can charge my sons Tesla S at my house with no issues. I can also charge my Tesla at work at 7kw with no issues.
I have tried different cables, switched my home charger with my work charger and made no difference.
When I try to charge at home, it starts to prepare (flashing green) to charge and disconnects, tries again, disconnects, tries a 3rd time and then the red light comes on.
No issue with Tesla superchargers or any other high kw charger
Any ideas ?

My 2018 Tesla S is not charging on 3kw or 7kw at home. I can charge my sons Tesla S at my house with no issues. I can also charge my Tesla at work at 7kw with no issues.
I have tried different cables, switched my home charger with my work charger and made no difference.
When I try to charge at home, it starts to prepare (flashing green) to charge and disconnects, tries again, disconnects, tries a 3rd time and then the red light comes on.
No issue with Tesla superchargers or any other high kw charger
Any ideas ?
Your son's home charger is also ~7kW and charges fine? Are you able to test your cable at your son's house? But if your car charges normally at your son's house and work, there must be something with your outlet. Have you had electrician come by?

Upvote 0