Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd car purchase - email / app issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon folks,

Wifey has just ordered a MY, but for some bizarre reason used a different email address in the order process to the one she already has registered with the Tesla app for my M3.

She now says that she is getting emails from Tesla asking to complete pre-purchase info, but claims she can only do it in the app, not the website. If she tries to log out of the app (existing email) in order to try logging in with the order email address, it says she will lose her profile settings, etc for the M3.

I know I can remove her as a driver, and re-add her under her other email, but will we be able to copy her profile over?

She also failed to use my referral when placing the order, so many words may be had later......

Any help/advice will be appreciated, as I can't find much of use online. Thanks!

Wifey has just ordered a MY, but for some bizarre reason used a different email address in the order process to the one she already has registered with the Tesla app for my M3.

she also failed to use my referral when placing the order, so many words may be had later......

Is everything Ok?
Any help/advice will be appreciated, as I can't find much of use online. Thanks!

Possibly RELATE or some counselling :), Jokes apart, I am sure if you give them a call and speak to them they can resolve this email confusion and change it.

She won’t lose her profile settings as such, it’s just the profile settings associated with the original account won’t be used when she uses her phone as a phone key. She’ll effectively just create a new set. She might be able to recall her old profile in the car then save it against her new profile, can’t say I’ve tried it. Seat position etc should all be easy to do that way, I’m not sure what part of the settings you’re worried about that wouldn’t take only a few minutes to adjust.

What she can do as soon as she takes delivery is move the car to the account you prefer, this is pretty easy to do. You’ll then have two cars on that account. Or you can keep the two accounts and give delegated access (manage drivers option) to each other. The only significance that I can think of for two accounts is two sets of billing for supercharging etc and two loot boxes. If one of the cars is leased you may not have the manage account option.

She won’t lose her profile settings as such, it’s just the profile settings associated with the original account won’t be used when she uses her phone as a phone key. She’ll effectively just create a new set. She might be able to recall her old profile in the car then save it against her new profile, can’t say I’ve tried it. Seat position etc should all be easy to do that way, I’m not sure what part of the settings you’re worried about that wouldn’t take only a few minutes to adjust.

What she can do as soon as she takes delivery is move the car to the account you prefer, this is pretty easy to do. You’ll then have two cars on that account. Or you can keep the two accounts and give delegated access (manage drivers option) to each other. The only significance that I can think of for two accounts is two sets of billing for supercharging etc and two loot boxes. If one of the cars is leased you may not have the manage account option.
Bear in mind that if you have two cars on the same account this could screw up intelligent octopus if you use it,