Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 More Hours?!?! (Delivery Tomorrow)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right on time as my delivery coordinator promised; my S60D was delivered to the Raleigh store today and I get to pick it up tomorrow. Wish they had time today to move the delivery up, since this 24 hours is going to be painful lol.

Does anyone have any good guidance on things to make sure I inspect/do prior to signing on the dotted line? I've seen some checklists here on the site, but most of them seem pretty dated and reference items that have changed/been updated.

So far I've given the store these instructions as a heads up:
  • Don't detail the car exterior. My detailer will be installing OptiCoat Pro, and he'd prefer to do any necessary paint correction since he's seen some messy work from the Tesla details.
  • Put a dealer plate on the car so I can test drive it before accepting it.
Aside from these, I'm planning on just taking a really close look at the paint work for any flaws that a detailer wouldn't be able to easily correct. Then functionally checking as many things as I can on the car.

Right on time as my delivery coordinator promised; my S60D was delivered to the Raleigh store today and I get to pick it up tomorrow. Wish they had time today to move the delivery up, since this 24 hours is going to be painful lol.

Does anyone have any good guidance on things to make sure I inspect/do prior to signing on the dotted line? I've seen some checklists here on the site, but most of them seem pretty dated and reference items that have changed/been updated.

• Don't detail the car exterior. My detailer will be installing OptiCoat Pro, and he'd prefer to do any necessary paint correction since he's seen some messy work from the Tesla details.
Aside from these, I'm planning on just taking a really close look at the paint work for any flaws that a detailer wouldn't be able to easily correct. Then functionally checking as many things as I can on the car.

FWIW if you insist on 'no factory/delivery detail', Tesla might ask you to sign a disclaimer/waiver on the paint fit and finish. Happened to me on our 2015 build. Our expert detailer just shrugged, and said to let them buff it, and he would do his usual magic before applying cQuartz. YMMV.

FWIW if you insist on 'no factory/delivery detail', Tesla might ask you to sign a disclaimer/waiver on the paint fit and finish. Happened to me on our 2015 build. Our expert detailer just shrugged, and said to let them buff it, and he would do his usual magic before applying cQuartz. YMMV.
Thanks for the heads up. I may end up having to do the same, or I guess I could spend some time to look it over really closely before I sign such a form.

Thanks for the heads up. I may end up having to do the same, or I guess I could spend some time to look it over really closely before I sign such a form.

I would personally just let Tesla do their thing. Do your careful walk around at delivery. And have your pro detailer do a careful walk around and take photos of any areas that are not able to be addressed during paint prep prior to any aftermarket coating/wrap.

Hey there, congrats! I'm picking up in Raleigh as well, hopefully pretty soon. Who is your detailer? Were they amenable to the pre-acceptance test drive?

Your approach sounds reasonable. Also check that all the options you specified are there/activated. The dealer plate is a nice touch: I hadn't driven ANY electric vehicle until I drove my S away from delivery. Nope, not even a test drive. :rolleyes:
That was me, too. I never even saw one in person until 2 weeks before delivery (the FIRST time)

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Hey there, congrats! I'm picking up in Raleigh as well, hopefully pretty soon. Who is your detailer? Were they amenable to the pre-acceptance test drive?
Awesome, when is your delivery date? Also, are you signed up at triangletesla.org? We have a pretty good group of local owners that I've met up with a number of times over the past few years.

As far as the test drive, they seemed fine with it but mentioned they'd need to put a dealer plate on temporarily instead of my assigned one.

Just force yourself to sleep....
You're taking delivery at Westgate park? They have great service!
Yup! I've been a roadster owner for a couple of years, so I've gotten to know the service and sales staff there pretty well. I love that I can email or text them individually and get replies on things right away.

They're seriously outgrowing that location though. The entire area behind the building is always overflowing with Model Ss being delivered.

Yup! I've been a roadster owner for a couple of years, so I've gotten to know the service and sales staff there pretty well. I love that I can email or text them individually and get replies on things right away.

They're seriously outgrowing that location though. The entire area behind the building is always overflowing with Model Ss being delivered.

I had the best experience with them. Took delivery of my P85D and my wife's 85D there. So they know us pretty well. But the Lenox Square SC in Atlanta. Isn't as good.

Reactions: jimmyz80
Awesome, when is your delivery date? Also, are you signed up at triangletesla.org? We have a pretty good group of local owners that I've met up with a number of times over the past few years.

As far as the test drive, they seemed fine with it but mentioned they'd need to put a dealer plate on temporarily instead of my assigned one.

No, unfortunately no delivery date, the car hasn't entered production yet. I wasn't signed up at triangletesla.org, but I am now! Thanks, and hope everything goes well tomorrow!

So how was it?!

Overall it went really well. Had plenty of time to drive the car, check everything out, etc. The only thing that really bugged me was that the front plate holder was installed. They claim they all come installed at the factory and they aren't allowed to remove it??? Was this everyone else's experience as well? I sure hope when I get it off that there aren't any marks, and that the adhesive isn't too much of a pain in the ass to remove. :/

One thing that's already bugging me is that the door seals seem so good they prevent the doors from closing. You have to really slam the doors to get them to fully latch. It doesn't seem to be an alignment thing, since I can see the latch lining up perfectly with the striker, and all of the panels align just fine. If you close them slowly you can just feel the seals squishing a bit as you push it fully closed. I can already see myself walking away from the car expecting it to lock itself, but not knowing a door or two was still slightly ajar. Is there any way for the car to get your attention if you're walking away with a door not latched?

And as expected, the phone dock sucks and the chrome window trim isn't totally aligned. :p

Almost 100 on your checklist with my delivery.

Passenger front door in particular takes quite a slam and dropping the kids off at school the teachers never push it enough and I have to pull ahead and stop and open/close it.

Front license plate is required for delivery. Some %}*€ left it attached during crash testing and urban legend is it can't be modified externally at all after that. Plenty of threads is emoting it and it's not hard at all.

I have several of the chrome piecses as well that will need adjusting at my 12,500 mile oil change.

For anyone curious, here are some photos I snapped from the delivery process and from at home after yanking the front plate holder off (super easy). Loving this thing so far, and I retract my comment on the phone dock. It works awesome once I installed the little "side buffers" to keep the phone from flying out due to G-forces.

IMG_3572.jpg
IMG_3573.jpg
IMG_3575.jpg
IMG_3566.jpg
IMG_3567.jpg
IMG_3568.jpg
IMG_3569.jpg
IMG_3571.jpg
IMG_3574.jpg

I had the same problems with my doors not shutting. The panels need to be realigned and the latch adjusted. That is not normal. Run your fingers across the doors and panels. There should not be any difference in alignment. It sounds like at least two of your doors need adjusting. Mine had to go to a body shop for the alignment of two doors. The front doors had to be adjusted for the latch and striker mechanism.