Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$235 for cabin filter replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my first battery replaced after about 2 1/2 years under warranty, and I did the second one myself in the garage a few months ago. I also replaced my cabin air filter and cleaned with Kool It, following that up with Lysol. Ran HVAC on high heat for both, and the results were great!

Interesting, what interval are the filter replacements recommended? I am at similar mileage and I dont see anything pop up on screen yet.
I’ve paid for Tesla’s mobile service to replace my cabin air filters annually…and they’ve needed it. It is amazing how dirty these get in just around town and occasional road trips totaling about 3000-4000 miles/year. I’ve not experienced any of the bad smells others have, so no spray job, just new filters. Comparing an old dirty filter next to a new one is quite surprising. I think Tesla’s suggested two-year interval is to avoid the HVAC blower working so hard to pull air through the filter that it uses significantly more power but that’s just a guess. I’m going to stick to the annual cycle.