Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#212 - Twilight Blue -[SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi gkalexdc,
Yes the groove is within the padtrack. The car has 4,200 miles. The 1st couple of days after picking up the roadster I could hear what I thought was some roughness coming from the back rotors... I don't hear it anymore. Possibly from my use whatever was stuck in there is gone, truth will be told when the wheel and caliper come off. Its just that it will be either Tesla or myself pulling it off. If it is just grime and rocks I don't see it being a warranty item. The rotor most likely will have to be shaven down to get it back to being smooth again....

Last edited:
Just following up on the brake rotor groove.... So it wasn't a 'bad' groove after all but rather more so of just the brake dust and grime that accumulated at the bottom of the brake pads that accumulated on the rotor. Nice to see the rotors are fine. I'm looking to take out the stock pads and put in some Hawks or EBC's that'll have little to no dust. They should have 30% better braking over the stocks. Brake dust can over time add wear to the rotor and also dirty up your clothes really well if you accidentally brush against the rim. Nice having a pure electric car, I don't get messy like I use to with the ICE vehicles.