Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a 2021. Posted in this forum. i don't know the year nuances. I don't follow the S much. It's not of interest.
BINGO. You don't follow the model s much, and you have pages of your arguing with people posting proof. You literally were "attacking" people posting real proof... and all this time you actually didn't know anything? You realize that 2021 had PRE-REFRESH, AND REFRESH cars? If you don't know the facts, stay out.

You're wrong, admit it, apologize, learn and move on. Why is it so hard for people to admit their mistakes?

122 is closer to the 115 that I quoted vs the 130 that you're defending. I never said the MP3 was as fast. I said the S LR is NOT 130. PERIOD.
You realize the 122+ is a Model 3 Performance, right?

I am sorry but you are just simply wrong about the current generation Model S LR. It absolutely will trap 130 mph in the 1/4 mile. Dragy is more accurate for trap speed than most tracks.

The way tracks have to measure trap speed makes them susceptible to error if they aren’t calibrated often.

Reactions: Jangy
BINGO. You don't follow the model s much, and you have pages of your arguing with people posting proof. You literally were "attacking" people posting real proof... and all this time you actually didn't know anything? You realize that 2021 had PRE-REFRESH, AND REFRESH cars? If you don't know the facts, stay out.

You're wrong, admit it, apologize, learn and move on. Why is it so hard for people to admit their mistakes?
I asked for slips because slips can be trusted. I don't care about people's youtube videos. Go to the S forums and play those games. This is literally a 24 Model 3 Performance thread, and the S comes up. I don't have to care about the S to be in here. Anybody could have shown a slip early on when I asked for it. Instead, everyone is all defensive on why I don't keep up with some other car that means nothing to me. I don't care about the model years either. I don't care to learn. But if we're going to do comparisons, then everyone should be on the same level.

You realize the 122+ is a Model 3 Performance, right?

I am sorry but you are just simply wrong about the current generation Model S LR. It absolutely will trap 130 mph in the 1/4 mile. Dragy is more accurate for trap speed than most tracks.

The way tracks have to measure trap speed makes them susceptible to error if they aren’t calibrated often.
No I didn't realize it. And I don't get into the differences between dragy traps vs a track because I only have track numbers to compare to. Does the LR approach 130 or trap 130? Again, Tesla website says max speed is 130 and the best one posted here today has been 128 (right?)

No I didn't realize it. And I don't get into the differences between dragy traps vs a track because I only have track numbers to compare to. Does the LR approach 130 or trap 130? Again, Tesla website says max speed is 130 and the best one posted here today has been 128 (right?)
The Model S LR cars built from late 2021 through the 2023 model year were allowed to exceed 130 mph. The 2024 Model S LR cars are limited to 130 mph.

Here are two Dragy results for Model S LR cars that are real. This is what the car is capable of for these model years.

IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_5481.jpeg

Reactions: Jangy
The Model S LR cars built from late 2021 through the 2023 model year were allowed to exceed 130 mph. The 2024 Model S LR cars are limited to 130 mph.

Here are two Dragy results for Model S LR cars that are real. This is what the car is capable of for these model years.

View attachment 1045800View attachment 1045801
We don't need to regrind everything, but again that isn't Track Slips (even digital). I'm not arguing that dragy is better or worse than slips. Slips are just the gold standard. If every LR consistently did 130, wouldn't there be slips to show? All I've asked for is that because the numbers and history I can compare to (including in the 3P) is with slips. I now obviously believe that the LR is faster than I previously did since I've seen a slip showing 128. But it took some serious pride to get here and i still don't know what the consistent number is. Not that I care but when you talk and compare cars, it's better to compare the norm rather than the outliar.

We don't need to regrind everything, but again that isn't Track Slips (even digital). I'm not arguing that dragy is better or worse than slips. Slips are just the gold standard. If every LR consistently did 130, wouldn't there be slips to show? All I've asked for is that because the numbers and history I can compare to (including in the 3P) is with slips. I now obviously believe that the LR is faster than I previously did since I've seen a slip showing 128. But it took some serious pride to get here and i still don't know what the consistent number is. Not that I care but when you talk and compare cars, it's better to compare the norm rather than the outliar.
Dragy is more accurate for trap speed than the track slips. Satellites don’t get knocked out of position like the track’s trap speed measuring devices can be.

128-130 mph is common for current generation Model S LR cars to trap in the 1/4 mile. I could post a half a dozen dragy slips demonstrating that but I would get banned for cluttering up the thread.

Can we drop this now? Honestly, this is completely off topic.

Nope. He had to take a side trip to the track and get a time slip to get a reliable measurement of speed. None of this draggy nonsense.
I am bringing my Dragy to the delivery of my car. There isn’t enough room to do a launch out of the parking lot but 100 yards down there is room.

I might even install my S3XY buttons and my Teslogic Device in the Tesla parking lot. Those give me just as much data as the Dragy.

Reactions: P-Lo801