Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the mid-west, and SUMMER tires are not the tire of choice. I hope ALL SEASON tires are available before winter. And maybe in a 19 or even 18. I replaced the 21" tires/wheels on my 2022 MYP with some 18s from TSportLine and am hoping something similar is available for the new 3P or whatever we will call it. Oh my MYP is FASTER and MORE EFFICIENT on the 18s. I don't track it so not concerned about any of that. It's a DD in the mid-west where potholes have ZIP CODES.

I was able to sit in one in Palo Alto showroom. The star of the show is definitely the seats, rest of the interior is the same. The side panels are alcantara instead of cloth which is nice and the carbon blade.

The new seats are pretty nice. The bolsters on the seat base are welcome. I will say they are quite soft though, these aren’t bolsters like you’ll find on CTR or a BMW M3. Side bolsters aren’t super tight either. But I think it’s a good blend of comfort and performance. For a car that will be dailied or for roadtrips, these are pretty soft and comfortable. I am curious if the Plaid buckets are the same or different. They didn’t have any in stock when I stopped by.

I live in the mid-west, and SUMMER tires are not the tire of choice. I hope ALL SEASON tires are available before winter.

Performance summer tires are ALWAYS the tire of choice for performance cars.
In areas with freezing winter temps - invest in proper snow tires!

Oh my MYP is FASTER and MORE EFFICIENT on the 18s.

Sounds like you should have bought an even more efficient LR model. P is wasted on you.

The star of the show is definitely the seats, rest of the interior is the same. The side panels are alcantara instead of cloth which is nice and the carbon blade.
The new seats are pretty nice. The bolsters on the seat base are welcome. I will say they are quite soft though, these aren’t bolsters like you’ll find on CTR or a BMW M3. Side bolsters aren’t super tight either.

Agreed:
  • Better seats are an upgrade.
  • Marginal power and acceleration gains are an upgrade.
  • Adoptive suspension may, or may not be, and upgrade. Depends on execution, and Tesla's track history in suspension tuning is not good. Initial reports indicate this
The rest are downgrades:
  • Range decreases to 296mi. This is particularly curious, given Tesla's claims that the new car has lower energy consumption per mile (smaller battery?)
  • Loss of turn and gear stalks.
  • $1,500 price bump (for the moment, subject to change) over the pervious TM3P.
  • FSD is still a fraud, though at discounted price.
Room for further improvement:
  • Still missing Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and SiriusXM satellite radio.
  • Plastic (PU) seat material needs an upgrade.
  • Compromised driver ergonomics through lack of physical controls for almost all key functions.
  • Rear seats are still positioned low and are cramped and are borderline uncomfortable for adults.
Overall, it's still a decent performance option for car guys new to EV world, but not a particularly compelling upgrade for those of us who had already bought one in the past.

IMHO,
a

Performance summer tires are ALWAYS the tire of choice for performance cars.
In areas with freezing winter temps - invest in proper snow tires!
There are differing perspectives on this, so perhaps you can chime in on this thread: Discussion: All Season Vs Summer Tires

The rest are downgrades:
  • Range decreases to 296mi. This is particularly curious, given Tesla's claims that the new car has lower energy consumption per mile (smaller battery?)
  • Loss of turn and gear stalks.
  • $1,500 price bump (for the moment, subject to change) over the pervious TM3P.
  • FSD is still a fraud, though at discounted price.

The range is technically a decrease because the EPA adjusted their calculations on how they determine range. If they used their new calculations, the previous M3P range figures would go down as well and be below the new M3P range figures. So, in that way, the range has increased, albeit only marginally, or roughly stayed the same.

The price bump is correct when compared to the price Tesla lowered the M3P to in October for purposes of clearing out their remaining inventory of the outgoing M3P. But when compared to the M3P's car price history in general, this is as low as it's been offered since its release in 2018, again with the exception of that short couple of months at the end of 2023. I'm referencing this Tesla Car Price History sheet:

Last edited:
Dam that was quick. So early orders def got a GREAT deal
Yup! You have to strike while the iron is hot. I did the morning and got in on the Ultra Red/Black. There is a lot of pent up demand for the refreshed M3P and Tesla gave enthusiasts a car that is no longer gimped with improved aero, looks, seats and suspension on top of a new rear motor. And they released it at the same historical low price as the outgoing model if you don't count the clearance pricing they had last year to clear out old inventory. At one point the car was almost $70k! Unreal pricing even with the price hike given how much more you are getting and especially if you factor in inflation over the past few years.

You know what color I seriously never see? Blue. Every day I see a red, gray, white, or black Tesla. Literally never see blue. No one apparently likes the blue haha

I see it all the time (blue) but thats probably because my own model 3 is blue, and you notice cars in the type and color of your own. I see blue way more than red, but I dont really like red cars so that probably factors into it.

I know I said I dont like red cars but that ultra red does look really nice.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
You know what color I seriously never see? Blue. Every day I see a red, gray, white, or black Tesla. Literally never see blue. No one apparently likes the blue haha
IMG_5123.jpeg

I love the blue.