Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 (Highland)- Spoiler improves or reduces range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if adding a spoiler to my model 3 will reduce my range? I really like the look of a carbon fiber lip but range is important for me. My round trip commute everyday is 124 miles so every mile counts 😅

Thanks in advance, hope someone’s already done this with their highland model 3!

Sure, adding a flat inch to the trunk lid will increase efficiency, and adding 2" would increase it more, 3" even more.
Where does it end?
This is one time that size doesn’t count.

IMG_2627.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

Of course, sometimes a spoiler has its uses.

IMG_2626.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: UncleCreepy
Upvote 0
I don't know if it fits the highland, but supposedly the koenigsegg spoiler reduces drag

Up to $3500 for a spoiler? Holy moly. Someone needs to replicate this or 3D print it at least. $3500 is Ludacris, literally, for a stupid spoiler. Yikes.

Curious what their sales are. Zero maybe.

Upvote 0
Reactions: canasion35
Upvote 0
I have the UP front lip on my 2022 Model 3 Performance. I originally bought it because I didn’t want to get rock chips on that part of the bumper.

I didn’t do any controlled testing before I put the front lip on so I can’t really say if it helps at all. However, I can definitely say it doesn’t hurt efficiency.

I have been able to maintain 225 wh/mi or less lately. Most of the gains are due to the ultra efficient 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires but my efficiency has always been better than when it was 100% stock.

The front lip is probably not worth the price for efficiency alone but if you think it looks good and you want to protect that part of the bumper then I think it is worth it.

I didn’t even paint mine. I just left it unfinished and buffed it down to make it look a little smoother.

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg
IMG_2554.jpeg

Upvote 0