Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1691218042639.jpeg

“The Ioniq 5 N will produce 601 horsepower and 545 pound-feet of torque—and it has something called N Grin Boost that raises output to 641 hp.“

MSRP should be around $63k.

Anyone else pumped about this performance EV? I haven’t seen any other EV compelling enough to make me want to upgrade from my 2019 M3P at a close price point. Based on the numbers, it should be a high 10 second car on the 1/4 mile given Kia EV6 GT owners are hitting low 11s with 70 less hp.

It will have a 84-kwh battery.

Comes with forged wheels, big brakes, and racing seats from the factory.

It also makes artificial noises 😅
“The Ioniq 5 N's "N Active Sound+" feature uses 10 interior speakers and two exterior ones to simulate the rumble of a gas engine and exhaust both inside and outside the vehicle. There are a few different sound profiles available, including a "Supersonic" theme that Hyundai said was inspired by fighter jets.”

Here’s to hoping Elon ups the ante with a Plaid Model 3 or at least a more powerful M3P or else I may be switching over to Hyundai in the next few years.

The IONIQ 5 N is incredibly intriguing to me. I'm following this one closely and may pull the trigger on this to replace my MYP.
My only issue with it is the low profile tires. I always buy CNA extended coverage on my cars, and WILDLY! the one thing they will void you for is putting non-OEM rims on a car, which would be necessary to run a 40-45 series tire like I'd prefer for my uses. I have seen some 0-60's and 1/4 mile runs now on Dragy from the N, and it's about 0.2 seconds quicker 0-60 than my EV6 GT, and runs the quarter about 2-3mph faster and 0.2-0.3 quicker. Oddly the 60' times are identical, even given the wider rubber. I think it's quicker "up top". The big question mark is the real world range...will the different pack offer more, or did that get soaked up by tires and motors?

My only issue with it is the low profile tires. I always buy CNA extended coverage on my cars, and WILDLY! the one thing they will void you for is putting non-OEM rims on a car, which would be necessary to run a 40-45 series tire like I'd prefer for my uses. I have seen some 0-60's and 1/4 mile runs now on Dragy from the N, and it's about 0.2 seconds quicker 0-60 than my EV6 GT, and runs the quarter about 2-3mph faster and 0.2-0.3 quicker. Oddly the 60' times are identical, even given the wider rubber. I think it's quicker "up top". The big question mark is the real world range...will the different pack offer more, or did that get soaked up by tires and motors?
The range is an open question for me. I'm eager to understand what it's rated at and the real world figures. Should know more about when they'll start showing up in the coming weeks. Preas release states March, but I'm not so sure.

Reactions: Unobtanium