Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 EV tax POS tax credit no tax liability required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ran through the Model X configurator yesterday, and in essence, the only way to purchase a Model X (and claim the credit)is to go plain vanilla. That means black paint, black interior, no wheel upgrades, five seater only. Kinda sucks because I'd love to transfer my FUSC to a new X but I want my Ultra Red and more seats.

Am I understanding this correctly? If the MSRP exceeds $80k, the entire vehicle doesn't qualify? You can't use the EV Tax Credit to get around this apparently.

I just ran through the Model X configurator yesterday, and in essence, the only way to purchase a Model X (and claim the credit)is to go plain vanilla. That means black paint, black interior, no wheel upgrades, five seater only. Kinda sucks because I'd love to transfer my FUSC to a new X but I want my Ultra Red and more seats.

Am I understanding this correctly? If the MSRP exceeds $80k, the entire vehicle doesn't qualify? You can't use the EV Tax Credit to get around this apparently.
That is correct, $80k max MSRP.

Tesla needs to let poeple lease and buy it back. This will let people equip the cars appropriately (e.g 6 seats) and also allow those that don't qualify for ev credit. $7500 is a lot of charging that can be done and makes me favor all other marques than tesla